Job ID: 148287
Job Family: General Management
Organisation: Energy Sector
Department: ET – HP
Mode of Employment: Full time only
What are the responsibilities for this role?
Overall Responsibility for High Voltage Product Business Unit
- Reviewing and interpreting competition after in-depth analysis of market information for providing inputs to modify/ restructure sales strategies. Driving business growth through identification & penetration of new market segments for attainment of periodical targets. Devising & directing implementation of strategies for product positioning, pricing and product life cycle management as against the competition.
- Technical knowledge of Extra High Voltage Circuit Breakers, Disconnectors, Surge Arrestors, Instrument Transformer, Bushings, Reactors, and Gas Insulated Switchgear.
- Maps the different technical requirement of the Utilities and Industrial clients.
- Impart Technical Trainings to the engineer on the High Voltage Products i.e. Circuit Breakers, Disconnectors, Surge Arrestors, Instrument Transformer, Bushings, Reactors, and Gas Insulated Switchgear.
- Organize technical workshop for the Utilities, Industrial Client and Consultants in South East Africa.
- In conjunction with Headquarters, local sales managers, and Account Managers analyze Customer and Market requirements / demands in order to increase market share and sales targets
- Strategy Development Recommendations include thorough analysis of customer’s activity, product offering, market requirements and performance.
- Budget Plan is aligned to organizational and divisional strategies. Plan addresses the risks that could prevent the Division from achieving strategic objectives. Plan is reviewed quarterly.
- Driving business growth through identification & penetration of market with New Product.
- Devising & directing implementation of strategies for product positioning and pricing.
- Budget prepared annually as per Divisional requirements.
- Monthly monitoring of performance against set budget.
- Corrective action/support taken to achieve budget.
- Budget is aligned to strategy and achieves operational requirements.
- Financial compliance to company’s practices, policies and procedures.
- Provide organizational leadership in area of expertise.
- Facilities team goal setting and problem solving.
- Facilities the development plans for team members.
- Educate team members on organizational/divisional process and ensure that SOP’s that address changing needs of the department are maintained and communicate to staff.
- Understand the value chain and how to improve the process of the total value chain.
Key Account Management:
- Identifying Key / Institutional Accounts and strategically securing profitable business by giving product presentations to prospective clients. Building relationships with decision makers and key buyers in pre-sales & sales negotiation stages.
Techno Commercial Operations:
- Mapping client’s requirements followed with technical discussion with clients/ consultant in accordance with the specifications. Managing Tendering works from offer to payment through team of engineers. Representing the product to various consultants, contractors & OEMs.
- Management support as per organizational requirements.
- Management of maintenance contracts as per customer and business requirements.
- Manage Business Unit workplace conditions comply with labor legislation (leave etc).
- Timely communication to staff and management.
- Work processes aligned to company policy.
- Division is provided with resources/tools/information in order to perform necessary function as per KPI’s Compliance to LOA processes.
- Asset management as per organizational standards.
- PMP as per HR/organizational policy (Staff dialogue complete in first quarter with SMART targets).Business Unit HR strategies are met and maintained.
- Performance discrepancies and misconduct are dealt with according to HR and company guidelines.
- Training needs are identified, documented and met to bridge performance discrepancies and changes in the environment reporting.
- Final forecast figures and reporting on a monthly basis.
- Report deadlines are met.
- Reports are complete and accurate.
- CRM tools are updated regularly.
What do I need to qualify for the position?
15 years experience
How do I apply?
Click here to apply online
You will need to register to apply