Since its inception, Khulisa Streetscapes has through its programme model, offering a combination of sheltered work opportunities and psychosocial support, assisted hundreds of those living on the streets to develop and access the motivation, income and opportunities required to lead an independent happy life.
Importantly, Streetscapes complements existing emergency relief type of services with an approach that caters for the multidimensional needs of the chronic homeless while addressing stigma and disconnect in communities. Streetscapes offers sheltered work opportunities in urban gardens, street side projects and on a smallholding in Kuils River.
Job Title: Operations Manager
Location: Kuils River
Reporting to: Programme Director
The purpose of this position is to find an experienced person to join the team. You’ll have responsibility for developing, implementing and maintaining a range of systems and processes to enable and support the organisation’s programmes.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining relevant HR systems and processes, in line with good practice, including but not limited to the full spectrum of employee administration, performance management systems and employee support programmes;
- Managing staff (Administrator, Facilities Manager);
- Managing programme volunteers in conjunction with Head Coach / Programme Director;
- Adhering to and strengthening current finance systems and processes in line with good practice and aligned with Khulisa’s financial management systems;
- Developing a procurement protocol, negotiating with suppliers, arranging for deliveries / collections, maintaining all related administration;
- Assisting the Programme Director to keep marketing materials, social media feeds and the website content up to date and relevant;
- Providing a contact point for community enquiries – arranging and leading site visits, engaging with community members and partner organisations, handling enquiries;
- Logistics management – overseeing transport arrangements for beneficiaries / funders;
- Maintaining IT systems and equipment;
- Controlling all consumables purchasing and issuing;
- Managing the Streetscapes office space and related systems;
- Compiling information for inclusion into funder reports in conjunction with the Programme Director;
- Providing support to Programme Director on new projects;
- Supporting programme teams as relevant.
- A relevant qualification, coupled with 8-10 years in the development sector with a wide range of experience – administrative management a real advantage;
- An understanding of programme design and M&E frameworks;
- Flexibility and the ability to work effectively in a variety of work environments and on different programme sites;
- A real interest in our work and a commitment to supporting our programme teams in whichever way has the most impact on their work;
- Loads of patience, tolerance and a strong sense of fairness;
- A hands on approach – general maintenance skills are essential;
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to think differently to address challenges;
- A valid driver’s licence and own vehicle;
- High levels of computer literacy (MS Office);
- Good written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a network of relevant contacts and the ability to interact effectively with different stakeholder groups in both formal and informal settings;
- Good people management skills, with experience in managing small teams;
- Able to work unusual hours and over weekends as necessary.
Should you wish to be considered for this role, please submit your CV to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday, 15 May, 2020