Posted on :
5 Mar, 2021
5 Mar, 2021
Sir Ketumile Masire Teaching Hospital operates as a public company and its mission is to provide patient centered quaternary clinical services, as well as a platform for health education and research. Meantime, because of the COVID-19 Pandemic, SKMTH has been designated a COVID-19 isolation and treatment centre by the Government of Botswana
Job Title: Finance & Admin Manager
Location: Gaborone, South East, Botswana
Reference #: SKMTH/JBV/022
Contract Type: Contract 5 Years
Responsible for managing the financial results of the business units in line with accounting standards and within corporate governance protocols.
Finance Manager will report to the Chief Executive Officer and lead and control the financial management of the hospital to ensure accurate and timely preparation of accounting and financial reports, regulations of expenses optimization of investment income.
– Conducts risk assessments and develops a business model to guide the development and adoption and appropriate financial management accounting and procurement systems.
– Develops/adopts financial and management accounting and procurement policies and procedures to enable proper financial planning to ensure that the Hospital achieves its long term goals.
– Undertakes research into pricing, competitors and factors affecting the Hospital financial performance and recommends financial ad procurement strategies and plans to ensure business remain sustainable.
– Produces and interprets Hospital financial management reports and prepares commentaries and financial statements.
– Monitors compliance to all regulatory requirements such as BURs, Banks, oversees financial audits and ensures that action plans are developed to close any identified gaps.
-Develops and provides financial guidelines/check lists/manual to facilitate effective implementation of financial and management accounting policies
-Oversees and ensures that strict confidentiality of financial information.
Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics. A professional recognized accounting qualification is essential while Masters in Business Administration will be an added advantage.
-10 years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles of which 5 years should have been at a management level in major organisation, preferably in the healthcare industry.
-Strong working knowledge of Integrated/Accounting Packages and Microsoft Office.
Application Deadline: 21/03/2021