Sisters Incorporated plays a critical role in protecting, supporting and empowering women who are survivors of domestic violence, abuse and stigmatisation that is so prevalent and widespread in our communities.
Job Title: Social Auxiliary Worker
Location: Cape Town
Salary: Reasonable salary
The purpose of the position is to provide support to the social worker in achieving the social work aims and objections in line with the organisational goals, mission and vision. Provide for screening intake assessment for victims and their children or where necessary, collaborate with other organisations and/or institutions under the guidance of the social worker to ensure client wellness.
- Have a Degree/Qualification as Social Auxiliary Worker
- Minimum of years’ practical experience and proven track record, preferably working with abused women
- Be a currently registered social auxiliary worker with the South African Council of Social Service Profession.
- Have insight into South African legislation and policies related to Social Development
- Be in possession of a valid driver’s license
- Must subscribe to ethical values and principles of social justice
- Must have insights into emotional effects of trauma and violence
- Must have the ability to build up a network and maintain relationships with other stakeholders in related fields
- Must have good interpersonal, mediation, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Must have well developed organisational, verbal and written communication skills, interviewing, analytical and computer skills
- Must be flexible, adaptable and able to work effectively in a variety of settings in a cross-cultural situation and be knowledgeable of the service available in the community
- Must have good listening and social perceptiveness skills
- Have respect for people’s worth, human rights and dignity
- Behave with honesty and integrity
- Have the ability to elevate service to others above self-interest
- A commitment to confidentiality
- Sound work ethics
- Must have the ability to maintain clear professional boundaries with clients while displaying a caring and compassionate demeanour that shows empathy for a client’s situation
To apply, submit your CV (with at least three contactable references), proof of qualification and registration to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates who comply with above requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Application Deadline: 15 June, 2018