Sizakala Wellness Counsellors (S.W.C) is a Non Profit Organisation run by qualified mental health practitioners. We aim to provide psychological well-being and emancipate individuals within their respective communities. We focus on the psychological development and empowerment of youths,specifically those in disadvantaged communities.
Job Title: 3 Intern Counsellors
Location: Soshanguve, Pretoria
Job Nature: Contract Bases and to work part time
Reports to: Registered Counsellor and Training Director
theb purpose of the is to perform supervised individual and group counselling, crisis intervention, and consultation/outreach. They provide psychological assessments, intakes and appropriate referrals. May perform other related tasks that are a part of the Organisations operation. Work is supervised by professional staff, and individual clinical work is supervised by a Registered Counsellors. This internship is ideally for Psychology Learners in their final year looking to complete their hours.
- Conducts intake interviews with clients who request counselling services and completes the required clinical documentation via our electronic recordkeeping system within the same day.
- Provides individual and group counselling to clients on a scheduled basis or through crisis intervention.
- Maintains up-to-date clinical documentation via our electronic recordkeeping system.
- Consults with supervisors and staff as needed.
- Attends training seminars, staff meetings and supervision on a weekly basis and in a prompt manner.
- Represents the department and division at public relations events as requested.
- Interacts with staff and clients in a professional and ethical manner.
- Participates in supervision and training with an openness to learning and receiving feedback.
- Knowledge and basic skills in counselling practices and methods.
- Ability to plan, implement, evaluate and report activities conducted.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and to prepare written and electronic documents.
- Ability to communicate orally, both in person and by telephone.
- Ability to travel to meetings and counselling sites.
- Ability to establish rapport with others as a requisite for healthy and therapeutic relationships.
- Ability to present oneself in an appropriately personable and professional manner to clients and staff.
- Ability to receive and utilize constructive feedback regarding performance, presentation and relationships with others.
- Ability to be both consistent and flexible as circumstances warrant.
- Ability to effectively weigh and evaluate personal needs, client needs and the aims and policies of the agency and to respond and negotiate these competing needs as appropriate.
- Ability to remain calm and supportive in psychological emergencies and/or crises when provided with appropriate supervision and direction.
- An enhanced level of self-awareness as to how he or she relates to others and an ability to effectively modulate this personal style as conditions warrant.
- Ability to communicate via computer email.
Attach resume with cover letter and references and send to the following: [email protected] .
Application Deadline: Monday, 26 August, 2019