With our unique products, strong brands, global orientation and trailblazing innovations, the Mercedes Benz group of companies is pursuing the ultimate goal of becoming the worlds leading player in the automotive industry. The following opportunities commencing in 2017 are now available for application at the Mercedes Benz South Africa (MBSA) East London Training Centre.
Technical Training East London: Apprenticeships 2017
MBSA offers trade-related training for top achievers who shows strong interest in their field of study and who want to be trained in a world-class organisation. The training will be offered at the MBSA East London Technical Training Centre. Please note that, through this initiative, MBSA is training artisans not only for its own internal use but also for the broader community and industry.
Positions, subject to conditions being met, may be available for persons wanting to pursue the following apprenticeship fields:
- Apprenticeship: Industrial / manufacturing systems plant and equipment – maintenance, diagnosis and repair (e.g. Millwright, Electrical Trade)
- Apprenticeship: Motor vehicle Systems – maintenance, diagnosis and repair (Automotive Electrician, Motor Mechanic Trade)
Applications are invited from individuals interested in studying in the above technical fields through an apprenticeship to be considered, applicants must:
- Strictly comply with all the application requirements laid out in this advert. Please note that all points in the advert carefully
- Be SA citizen
- Meet the minimum qualification requirements, which are: A full grade 12 / Matric with good results in Mathematics and Physical Science as well as at least on applicable related subject such as IT, Engineering Graphics and Design Electrical Technology / Mechanical Technology. Alternatively: An N3 technical certificate with supporting language subjects at Grade 12 / Matric level or an NCV level 4 certificate (in related engineering field of study). Candidates from academic high schools who meet the criteria in the above point, and who have a strong interest in one of the indicated apprenticeships are encouraged to apply.
- Ensure compliance with company values and policies
Note that meeting the minimum entry requirements does not guarantee further selection or screening for any apprenticeship positions that may offered by MBSA.
All applicants are invited: however the following will apply: Code of good practice in the employment of people with disabilities. People disabilities may apply as long as the requirements indicated above can be met
How to apply
Closing date for applications is 9 May 2016
- Fax your application to tax to email 012 660 7031. Applications by other means will NOT be considered
- Please ensure that your typed submitted documents such as your covering letter, CV, contact details, etc and are typed in a minimum font size 14 to ensure legibility of received fax documents
- The first page of the application must include a covering letter, which must quote the reference number TECH 2017 and clearly show your preferred field of training, either Millwright or Automotive Electrician
- Ensure that your application is concise and clearly states in the covering letter why you are interested in the apprenticeship you have indicated
- All applicants who are currently writing Grade 12 must submit certified copies of their 1st term 2016 Grade 12 results as well as copies of their Grade 11 results.
- All applicants who have completed a Matric / Grade 12 qualification must submit their Matric / Grade 12 certificate / statement of results, which must be certified, as well as all other qualifications
- Copies of all other qualifications mentioned on the submitted C must be included, not just the applicant’s highest qualifications
- All applicants who are currently studying NCV level 4 must submit certified copies of their NCV level 2 and 3 results as well as their final year high school certificate / results, irrespective of the level of achieved at high school
- Candidates may only apply for one apprenticeships field and must not submit more than one application.
- CV, copy of ID and all other certificates / examination results must be included
- Please ensure that certification stamps do not obscure important details on submitted documents
- Ensure that clear certification stamps with signatures are visible on documents such as copy of ID, certificates / examination results etc…
Please Note: This is a re-advertisement, and applicants who have applied for the apprenticeship position as a result of the advert placed in the Daily Dispatch on 11 April 2016 must not apply again. Please note that any applicants who apply more than once will not be considered.