Smart Card Developer/Engineer Careers
CSIR Modelling and Digital Science (MDS) unit has a vacant position for a Smart Card Developer/Engineer in the Information Security competence area. The main purpose of this position will be to conduct research, development and implementation of smart card-based solutions. This position is based in Pretoria.
- Define, design and develop requirements associated with the development and implementation of software for smart card solutions.
- Contribute technical knowledge to the specifications for the smart card-based solutions.
- Develop PC/embedded software applications for smart cards.
- Contribute, programmatically and innovatively, to the integration of smart card solutions for identity authentication.
- Analyse, test, and offer solutions to algorithm and program deficiencies.
- Conduct independent technical investigations of smart card applet designs.
- Participate in technical reviews and implementation of appropriate corrective action to resolve technical issues related to smart cards solutions.
- Provide/recommend changes and/or improvements as systems evolve.
- Ensure that the developed Identity Authentication systems comply with relevant international standards.
- Work within a team of researchers and provide support to their work.
- Keep track of smart card technology trends and contribute to the direction of the focus area.
- Contribute towards building a smart card test and compliance laboratory.
- Provide technical leadership in applications development project tasks.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A Master’s degree in electrical or computer science.
- At least five years’ working experience in applications development.
- Good analysis skills and testing experience with J2EE applications.
- Acquainted with smart card standards (ISO 7816, ISO 14443, Java Card, Global Platform and EMV).
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Ability to work in a methodical manner is essential.
- Excellent presentation skills (i.e. able to present ideas, concepts, plan and procedures).
- Demonstrated track record of the ability to work accurately, independently and efficiently.
- Ability to deliver on-the-job requirements.
- Ability to disseminate knowledge.
- Fluent in English and other languages preferable.
How To Apply For Smart Card Developer/Engineer Careers
Click on the “Apply Now” link below or here to apply online
Closing date: 31 May 2013
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
Should you experience any problems in submitting your application, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre at [email protected]. Please do not submit your application to this mailbox.
The CSIR gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirements and who will add to the cultural and gender diversity of the organisation. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history.The CSIR reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.