Smile Train is an international children’s charity that provides 100%-free cleft repair surgery and comprehensive cleft care to children in 85+ developing countries. Our sustainable model empowers local doctors to provide cleft care in their own communities.
Smile Train seeks to fill the following position:
Job Title: Program Manager
Location: Based out of Niger or Cote d’Ivoire but oversees the program in Benin, Burkina Faso, Cote D’Ivoire, Guinea-Conakry, Guinea Bissau, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Senegal & Togo)
The overall purpose of the role is to devise, plan and implement local strategies to achieve the mission and goals of Smile Train in terms of high-quality and safe cleft lip and palate care through effective management of programs and partnerships in Francophone West Africa.
Ensuring and taking full responsibility for all legal compliances within the region and with the applicable laws of the United States. Being the ‘face’ of Smile Train in the region and acting when and where necessary to ensure the best interests of the organization and their programs.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Developing and implementing an annual budget and long-term and short-term action plans to reach as many cleft-affected children as possible with cleft treatment, as quickly as possible, in the most cost-effective manner, whilst maintaining high standards of safety and quality.
- Instituting suitable business processes and necessary control mechanisms for the continual monitoring of financial, programmatic, and medical targets in the region
- Receiving, reviewing, and analysing all grant requests from local stakeholders, most typically local partner hospitals, and carry out ‘due diligence’ to either reject or approve those that fall within the agreed financial authority and plans, sharing with headquarters when additional approvals are required
- Ensuring all operations are legally and financially transparent and in compliance with all local laws and laws of the U.S. that apply to local business practices
- Leading efforts to share Smile Train’s global messaging locally and help to build the brand and awareness of Smile Train programs in Francophone West Africa
- Capturing and share stories, images, and videos that help to tell Smile Train’s story and that could be used across the organization to further Smile Train’s mission
- Maintaining communication with existing partner hospitals and work together to ensure success of current and future programs
Suitable candidates for the Program Manager vacancy should possess the following:
- Sound professional qualifications – including a degree in Medicine, Public Health, Social Sciences, International Relations, Law or Accounting, MBA from a reputed Business School will be an added advantage
- Thorough familiarity with the cultures of West Africa and must be bilingual, written and oral (English and French) very essential
- 3-5 years related work experience in a management position in a large multinational or national for-profit or not-for-profit organization with significant project management experience
- Ability to work with a global team, exhibiting cultural sensitivity, a commitment to Smile Train’s mission, strong time management skills, and capacity to work independently with minimal or no supervision
- Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends as needed
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Sunday 05th August 2018 to [email protected]