SOCIAL CHANGE is a non-profit organization that provides HIV prevention programmes, adherence support and Advocacy for Human Rights in communities around O.R Tambo District in the Eastern Cape.
Job Title: Programme Manager
Location: Nyandeni Sub-District, O.R Tambo Municipality, Eastern Cape
Division/Department: Programme Implementation
Reports to: Executive Director
Contract duration: 3 Months fixed term with possibility of extension for 1 year depending on funding availability.
This Position provide technical guidance, supervision and support to SONGE’s strategic planning at Head Office and district level on the implementation of AGYW programme at Nyandeni sub-district. This position will contribute to functions within the larger team related to monitoring, evaluation, learning and strengthening program quality. The position will support and advance program quality, provide expert advice/support, and transfer skills through technical assistance and the development of local capacity.
- Provides technical expertise, leadership and collaborates in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the AGYW program in the Subdistrict to achieve results against set objectives;
- Ensures all programs are integrated within the health and other technical sectors wherever appropriate.
- Take lead role by providing technical and programmatic expertise in planning, implementing and evaluating annual work plans for AGYW program
- Facilitate in preparing project financial management documentation in areas of program responsibility, with input from responsible technical and finance staff.
- Provide technical support in the areas of TB and HIV to team members of the Implementing Health Team and other portfolios.
- Provide technical leadership in areas related to health systems strengthening
- Provides programmatic and administrative oversight of AGYW programs to ensure the achievement of results, advising and authorizing program staff to undertake specific courses of action consistent with current SANAC/GF policies and regulations.
- Ensures mechanisms are in place to monitor the implementation of projects, including progress toward achieving objectives and targets with high quality and on-time performance.
- Assess and identify capacity needs of AGYW program staff and provide capacity building, mentoring, coaching and supportive supervision as appropriate;
- Actively participate in on-site data verification and routine data quality assessment (DQA) activities;
- Represent the Social Change AGYW program in all relevant platforms as and when required;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Managing Director.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Command of local languages would be an added advantage;
- Experience in program management i.e. development, work planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting (MER); financial management and understanding and tracking of budgets;
- Experience in managing and building capacity (i.e. training, mentoring, coaching and supportive supervision) of field-based teams, including facilitation skills;
- Ability to take initiatives, work under pressure and multitask with minimum supervision;
- A team player with good interpersonal skills;
- Sound problem solving and decision-making skills; effective time management and coordination skills;
- Competent in Microsoft Office suite and project management tools
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive;
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences; Master’s Degree or higher in Public Health, or other relevant discipline
- At least 5-10 years’ experience in HIV and AIDS programming, with a specific focus on AGYW or adolescent and youth friendly services (AYFS);
- Demonstrated experience in AGYW program planning and implementation. Experience of working in Global Fund, PEPFAR or other AGYW projects would be an added advantage;
- In-depth understanding of government social development, health and basic educations systems; Eastern Cape Province-specific experience would be advantageous.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage teams essential
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Regular travel to AGYW implementation sites during the project implementation period.
Submit a detailed CV, Cover letter and certified copies of qualifications with proof of registrations where applicable and must be emailed to: [email protected] or [email protected]. Hand delivered or faxed application will not be accepted due to COVID 19
Note: Faxed and emailed applications will not be accepted
For more further information AWalaza 078 917 1709
Application Deadline: 22 January 2021.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application before the closing date of the advertisement. No late applications will be accepted.