Society for Family Health (SFH) is a South African affiliate of Population Services International (PSI), an international NGO network operational in over 70 countries. SFH in South Africa concentrates on issues of HIV/ AIDS. As part of their HIV/AIDS control efforts, SFH is using social marketing to motivate behaviour change with respect to consistent condom use, HIV testing and other safer behaviours.
Title: Procurement Manager
Department: Department of Finance and Admin
Reports to: Director of Admin and Finance
Employment Status: Project Based
- Manages the procurement for the organization
- Develop the annual procurement plan for the organization
- Ensures the department complies with the PSI/SFH procurement policy at all times
- Develop and amend vendor contracts and agreements in line with the procurement policy and other applicable policies
- Procure goods and service in line with the procurement policy.
- Approves purchase orders
- Updating user divisions/departments about the status of their orders to delivery, timely
- Monitors reorder levels through maintenance of procurement plans and re-orders when necessary
- Compiles reports for Commodities and provides management with data for strategic planning and budgeting purposes
- Monthly compile, review and report open purchase orders in Lawson
- Prepare procurement training materials for SFH employees and partners
- Review and update SFH procurement and travel policies
- Handles and facilitates clearance of imported goods through the department of Customs & Excise in accordance with legal and statutory regulations
- Oversee travel for SFH staff and visitors
- Review and approve information and analyse it to update corporate lodging rates by area bi-annually.
- Review Travel Agent performance bi-annually
- Manage the travel reconciliation monthly
- Costing SFH activities for budget processes
- Manage drafting contracts, updating policies and analysing data.
- Review S.O.Ps and provide guidance to programs
- Develop procurement strategy for SFH as required
- Work in developing annual procurement plans and forecasting
- Annual renewal of BEEE certification
- Degree in Business Studies, Supply Chain, Logistic or any related field
- A relevant post graduate qualification in procurement, Logistics, supply chain or administration will be an advantage
- Valid driver’s license
- Registration with Chartered Institute with Procurement and Supply will be an advantage
- At least 5 years working experience within the supply chain field preferably with an NGO (PEPFAR) or in the Social/Health sector
- Experience with staff management
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your full application to [email protected] or hand dropped by 02 November 2018
All application submissions will be reviewed and considered, only the most qualified candidates will be short listed and contacted for interviews
SFH is an equal opportunity employer.