Society for Family Health (SFH) is a South African affiliate of Population Services International (PSI), an international NGO network operational in over 70 countries.
SFH in South Africa concentrates on issues of HIV/ AIDS. As part of their HIV/AIDS control efforts, SFH is using social marketing to motivate behaviour change with respect to consistent condom use, HIV testing and other safer behaviours.
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Department: Country Representative’s Office
Employment status: Project Based Employement
1. Manage the office and calendar of the CR:
- Schedule and calendarize regular Director’s meetings, SMT meetings, Director meetings, staff meetings and other meetings.
- Meet and greet visitors at all levels of seniority from within and outside SFH
- Manage incoming mail, and incoming and outgoing correspondence addressed to the CR
- Screen phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate for the CR.
- Organize and maintain diaries and making internal and external meetings
2. Support the CR with all Board Director and governance related deliverables:
- Support the CR with all Board Director and governance related deliverables.
- Schedule and calendarize Board and Board Committee meetings in close liaison with the CR, Board Chair and respective Committee Chairs.
- Make sure all governance related documents are up to date.
- Maintain a confidential Board Director Directory.
- Ensure management of Board Director term limits.
- Organise the annual Board Director training in line with good governance requirements.
- Draft resolutions ahead of Board and Committee meetings and take minutes at all Board and Committee meetings.
3. Administration support for Senior Management Team (SMT)
- Draft agendas and take minutes at Director’s meetings (when invited), SMT meetings and staff meetings.
- Maintain office systems, including filing of documents related to donors, contracts, strategic plans, activities, reports, and finances
- Arrange travel, visas, accommodation (travel itineraries) and occasionally travelling with the CR or SMT to take notes of meetings or to provide general assistance for presentations
- Carry out background research and present findings
- Other duties as assigned by the Director; including running personal errands
4. Programmatic support for SMT
- Assist CR in the preparation of documents, including PowerPoint presentations, create excel spreadsheets, compile and analyse data, and draft correspondence as required
- Organise and attend meetings and ensure that the Director and SFH Management team are prepared for those meetings with dossiers as needed
- Respond to internal and external requests for information, including PSI/W requests
- Respond to internal and external requests for information.
- Collect and file monthly and other reports from each departmental manager and monitor and communicate to the CR when reports are received.
- Summarise all monthly department reports into a brief organisational dashboard report.
- Collect information required for donor reports from Department Heads and other relevant staff.
5. Requirements include:
- Higher National Diploma in Administration/ Bachelor’s Degree/ or equivalent business or management or and secretarial
- Valid driver’s licence and ability to travel out of town when required
- Minimum five years’ experience in a similar role
- Previous board governance experience is essential
- The job holder must be a strong communicator who is able to interact across all levels within the organisation as well as external parties.
- A high level of English proficiency with a strong emphasis on grammatical competence will be expected.
- Ability to write clearly and simply
- The role requires multi-tasking under pressure and the provision of administrative support in a well-organized and timely manner, while acting with utmost discretion in dealing with confidential matters.
- Good personality
- Be able to work after hours when necessary; as well as taking after-hours work-related phone calls.
Application Deadline: Saturday, 10 August, 2019