Society for Family Health (SFH) is a South African affiliate of Population Services International (PSI), an international NGO network operational in over 70 countries. SFH in South Africa concentrates on issues of HIV/ AIDS. As part of their HIV/AIDS control efforts, SFH is using social marketing to motivate behaviour change with respect to consistent condom use, HIV testing and other safer behaviours.
Job Title: PA/ Travel Coordinator
Job Location: Johannesburg, Park Town
Contract Type: Fixed Term Employment
Employment Duration: Appointment until 30/09/2020
Main Outputs and Responsibilities for This Position – (Please provide a short description under each heading/output)
1. Travel Coordination
Time Spent: 60%
- Processes all requisitions on Lawson related to travel for the organization including but not limited to flight bookings, car hire, shuttles and conferencing bookings and catering services for the organization
- Solicits for and evaluates quotations from local suppliers for accommodation, conferencing and catering services.
- Negotiates for the best value (price, quality, delivery, and payment terms).
- Prepares purchase orders via Lawson ERP system and ensures they are approved by respective budget holders prior to confirming orders to vendors
- Receives statements from service providers for flight tickets, airport transfers and shuttles, and processes all unpaid invoices in readiness for payment by finance unit
- Closing open purchase orders on Lawson for all travel related services
- Ensure compliance with the SFH/PSI procurement manual at all times.
- Drafts and amends vendor contracts for all travel related services for review by the Director.
- Provides draft amendments to the travel policy for review by the Procurement Manager
- Draft vendor performance management tools for review by the Procurement Manager
- Provide training and guidance on all travel related policies and regulations to SFH employees
- Implement best travel practices to ensure accountability and efficiency within the department.
- Coordinate travel related plans and update requisition tracker for sharing with staff on weekly basis
- Tracks, follows up expedites purchase orders to ensure timely delivery of goods & services.
2. PA administration
Time Spent: 20%
- Maintain office systems, including filing of documents related to donors, contracts, strategic plans, activities, reports, and finances Meet and greet visitors at all levels of seniority from within and outside SFH
- Manage incoming email, and incoming and outgoing faxes addressed to the CR
- Screen phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate for the CR
- Organize and maintain diaries and making appointments for the CR
- Arrange travel, visas and accommodation and occasionally travelling with the CR to take notes of meetings or to provide general assistance for presentations
- Other duties as assigned by the CR.
Time Spent: 20%
- Assist CR in the preparation of documents, including PowerPoint presentations, create excel spreadsheets, compile and analyse data, and draft correspondence as required
- Organise and attend meetings and ensure that the CR and SFH Management team are prepared for those meetings with dossiers as needed
- Respond to internal and external requests for information, including PSI/W requests
- Collect and file monthly reports from each departmental manager and monitor when reports are received
- Summarise all monthly department reports into a brief organisational report
- Collect information required for donor reports from Department Heads
- Degree/B-Tech/Diploma/ or relevant Certificate in Travel or Supply Management
- Logistics or equivalent
- Administration certificate would be an advantage
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel when required
- At least 1 year working experience within travel relates service
- Knowledge of USG regulations and guidelines
Applications can be sent to: [email protected]
Application closing date: 30th January, 2019