Society for Family Health (SFH) is a South African affiliate of Population Services International (PSI), an international NGO network operational in over 70 countries. SFH in South Africa concentrates on issues of HIV/ AIDS.
As part of their HIV/AIDS control efforts, SFH is using social marketing to motivate behaviour change with respect to consistent condom use, HIV testing and other safer behaviours.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant (3)
Department: Medical Programs- VMMC
Location: uMgungundlovu and Harry Gwala and Head Office
Employment status: Fixed Term Contract
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Track and manage the flow of data at site level
- Ensure correct versions of data collection tools are available on-site.
- Provide training and mentoring on completion of all data collection tools, registers
- Review data collection forms and / or source data for completeness, accuracy and consistency
- Capture paper data collection forms into the electronic database
- Perform data verification on data before entry into the database
- Provide training and mentoring on data management systems
- Identify/resolve data discrepancies by monitoring data (review data listings, perform manual checks and reviewing output in files).
- Handle and resolve both internal at site level
- Provide first line IT support.
- Support and mentor the data collection staff and capture data onto DHIS2 or provided database
- Ensures all data is handled and stored securely
- Adheres to all data management SOP’s, guidelines and confidential agreement
- Ensures data triangulation at site level
- Tracks and ensures all major programme indicators are being collected
- Provide first line support to partners data collection and reporting requirement
General Data Administration:
- Filing and tracking of all data tools received
- Create and maintain all data management files and appropriate documentation
- Filing and management of all queries received electronically
- Complete daily/weekly/monthly reports to keep record of the work done and forward monthly statistics to relevant role players
- Degree in Health Sciences, Social Sciences, Statistics or Health Information Sciences
- Experience working in the HIV AIDS and STI programme data as well as information management background
Please send your full application to [email protected]. All application submissions will be reviewed and considered, only the most qualified candidates will be short listed and contacted for interviews. SFH is an equal opportunity employer.
Application: 07th of February 2020