Society for Family Health (SFH) is a South African affiliate of Population Services International (PSI), an international NGO network operational in over 70 countries.
SFH in South Africa concentrates on issues of HIV/ AIDS. As part of their HIV/AIDS control efforts, SFH is using social marketing to motivate behaviour change with respect to consistent condom use, HIV testing and other safer behaviours.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Department: Medical Programs- VMMC
Employment status: Fixed Term Contract
Duties and Responsibilities include:
M&E System and Process Development
- Develop M&E tools, (VMMC, HTS, HIVSS) in accordance with the M&E and Data Management Framework as well as PEPFAR, UNITAID and NDOH requirements.
- Ensure and monitor compliance to M&E and Data Management plans, frameworks, SOPs
- Work with Programme Management staff to develop site or programme specific M&E strengthening plans.
- Support the development and implementation of electronic database management systems, including DHIS2 and internal systems in association with MIS specialist
- Support programme staff to develop and improve the tracking of linkage to care in accordance with the UNAIDS 90-90-90 strategy
Data Verification and Routine Data Quality Assessments
- Conduct on site data verification visits to internal sites as well as sub-awardees
- Ensure that the correct source documents and tools are used at site level
- Systematically assess the M&E systems of internal and external sites
- Monitor and track changes in data quality across time and sites per province
- Compile reports on site visits and develop data quality improvement plans
- Monitor compliance to data quality improvement plan
Human Resources and Capacity Building
- Supervise and support M&E Data Capturers within selected programmatic and / or geographic areas
- Routinely assess the capacity of M&E staff being supervised and implement capacity building activities
- Ensure that Programme and M&E staff are capacitated to adhere to M&E and data management requirements
- Support the enforcement of SFH’s disciplinary code where Data capturers are involved
Data Review and Usage
- Promotes data usage for continuous quality improvement through feedback, training and capacity building activities at both health facility and community levels through regular monthly and quarterly data review meetings to developed staff capacity to enable them to analyze and interpret generated data on overall program quality, to facilitate evidence based decision making.
- Support the development of data usage plans to improve programme quality and monitor the implementation of such plans
Analysis, evaluation and Reporting
- Collects, validates, analyzes, interprets, and summarizes data collected from the facility-based programs and community-based program staff in preparation for generation of reports as well as merge, modifies and edit data files as needed for analysis.
- Review the performance of partners on a monthly basis and provide feedback to management staff on compliance to the targets
- Reports on progress and achievements timeously at program-level, by compiling accurate reports for funders and stakeholders.
- Support evaluation activities
- Identifies topics for operational research and oversees research projects, documents research findings and submits for Journal publication and presentation at local and international conferences
- Degree in Public Health Sciences, Social Sciences, Statistics or Health Information Sciences
- More than 5 years’ experience in the HIV AIDS and STI programme data as well as information management background
Please send your full application to [email protected]. All application submissions will be reviewed and considered, only the most qualified candidates will be short listed and contacted for interviews. SFH is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Deadline: Thursday, 31 October, 2019