Soil for Life is a non-profit organisation that is passionate about teaching people how to grow their own food using earth-friendly methods and techniques. Over the past 18 years we have worked in some of the poorest communities in the Western Cape providing thousands of people with the skills to grow food for their families. Soil for Life has a solid reputation for delivering effective programmes and is a well-respected brand amongst environmental NPOs.
Job Title: Marketing and Sales Manager
Location: Resource Centre in Constantia, Cape Town.
Remuneration: Market related salary.
Employment Type: Half-day position
The main purpose of this new position is to increase sustainable financial growth of the organisation, identify and develop new income streams, increase brand loyalty and further raise Soil for Life’s profile beyond existing networks.
- Identify, develop, implement and manage new income generating activities
- Grow existing income generating activities
- Build relationships with new and existing partners and clients
- Plan and oversee marketing and sales initiatives
- Promote products and services
- Increase regular monthly donations from individuals
- Market and coordinate accredited training
- Attend networking events, workshops and conferences
- Plan and oversee income generating events
- Market and coordinate accredited training programmes
- Report on successes and areas needing improvements
- Understand competitors
- Proven experience as a marketing/sales manager
- Proven marketing and sales track record
- Self-motivated and capable of taking responsibility and initiative
- Target driven
- Ability to build relationships
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of accredited training processes and procedures – or willingness to learn
- Market knowledge
- Familiarity with social media
- Proficiency in English
- Proficiency in Afrikaans and isiXhosa is a plus
- Advanced computer skills
- Knowledge of sustainable, organic environmental practices is preferable
- Own transport
- Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business and Marketing or related field
- 3 -5 years’ experience in marketing/sales management
- Strong communication skills
- Familiarity with data analysis and reporting
- Market knowledge and awareness/consciousness/understanding of environmental issues a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Submit a CV with contactable references to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 30 September, 2020