SA Partners was established in 1998, South Africa Partners has worked with our partners in government, private industry, civil society and academia towards closing the gap to provide access to quality health and education for all.
Our current work focuses on three areas, Providing care and support to people living with and at risk for HIV, TB, other infectious and Chronic Diseases; Increasing the capacity of health leaders to drive health system transformation and Supporting young children to reach their full potential in life through child development initiatives.
Job Title: Area Coordinator / Trainer
Supervisor: National Program Manager
Duty Station: Johannesburg Office;KZN,Eastern cape;Free state
Duration: 100% Full Time, Fixed Term Project
Travel Required: 70%
The Area Coordinator/Trainer is responsible for the supervision, mentoring and support of PSC’s, the coordination of activities and supplies to their allocated DCS centers, linking with stakeholders on site, and organizing debriefing meetings. In addition, s/he is responsible for training coordination, coordinating the Inmate Peer Program at their allocated centers, coordinating quality assurance activities at area and facility level, collecting and ensuring quality control of data collection forms from Prevention Support Counselors and Inmate Peers, and monitoring and referral to care providers within the specific Management Area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordination of HIV Prevention Activities
- Oversee the planning and implementation of HTS and peer education activities;
- Plan the implementation of program activities (e.g. Health Fairs) with PSC’s, DCS Area Managers and Operational Managers;
- Assist with the development, coordination, and implementation of Stigma Reduction interventions.
- Supervision and Mentoring of Prevention Group Facilitators
- Conduct supervisory and support visits with Prevention Support Counselors
- Provide mentorship for Peer Educators and PSC’s
- Conduct monthly debriefing sessions for Peer Educators & PSC’s in collaboration with Area Coordinator and DCS Social Workers.
- Provide logistical support for all training program activities;
- Facilitate / co-facilitate trainings as needed;
- Acquire and maintain all necessary training documentation and related materials.
- Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Communicate with relevant M&E Staff to ensure training records are submitted;
- Track training targets and include in monthly reports;
- Assist in measuring the impact of training activities and assess the needs for more training;
- Quality Assurance and Quality Improvements (QA/QI);
- Supports QI processes within the training department in collaboration with Training and Quality Improvement Manager.
- Supports curriculum review processes in collaboration with Prevention Programme, Training & QA/QI Managers
- Report Writing
- Collect and submit monthly data and reports related to training activities and other related activities;
- Compile and submit monthly reports;
- Submit monthly work plan and budget for projected activities;
- Develop presentations for various reports, meetings, etc.
- General Administration
- Timeously request support from the Program Assistants;
- Supply all information as needed by the Program Assistants to ensure that the necessary training documentation is maintained;
- Prepare all necessary materials required for trainings that the Trainer is providing;
- Ensure that all confidential information is keep safely and securely as laid out in the SA Partners program protocol;
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Auxiliary Social Work qualification or similar experience/qualification;
- Experience in the field of HIV/AIDS and human rights is recommended and would be an advantage;
- 3+ years of HIV related training;
- Experience in training using participatory methodologies within adult learning environment.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with DCS and/or other government agencies.
Skills and additional Competencies:
- Familiar with USG/CDC/USAID funding rules;
- Experience working independently and in a team;
- Exceptional interpersonal and supervisory skills; capable of directing and managing change, inspiring teamwork, and motivating partners to achieve results;
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office suite;
- Quick learner and self-starter with ability to take initiative and work in a start-up and team-oriented environment;
- Strong work ethic and ability to prioritize and multi-task;
- Driver’s license is essential;
- Travel up to 70% within South Africa.
Send Cvs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Friday, 10 January, 2020