SA Partners was established in 1998, South Africa Partners has worked with our partners in government, private industry, civil society and academia towards closing the gap to provide access to quality health and education for all.
Our current work focuses on three areas, Providing care and support to people living with and at risk for HIV, TB, other infectious and Chronic Diseases; Increasing the capacity of health leaders to drive health system transformation and Supporting young children to reach their full potential in life through child development initiatives.
Job Title: Director of Finance and Administration
Remuneration: Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications; full benefits
Reports to: Executive Director/Country Director
The purpose of the Director of Finance and Administration manages the financial resources of the organization and oversees accounting, compliance, grants management and contracts, and operations and assets. She/he participates as a member of senior leadership in the development and implementation of organizational and program budgets, administrative systems and organization-wide policies and procedures. The Director of Finance and Administration reports to the Executive Director (in Boston, USA) and to the Country Director in South Africa. Extensive experience with US Government, USAID, CDC grants and cooperative agreement rules and regulations is essential for this position.
Responsibilities: information on grant financials for initiative managers;
- Provide guidance to program staff on how to most effectively develop proposals and budgets, anticipating potential logistical or administrative challenges;
- Oversee the process of complex sub-award administration arrangements to partner organizations;
- Oversee the full range of accounting activities including accounting, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, tax audit coordination, accounts payable/receivables, purchasing, payroll, cash management, and insurance.
- Organizational Management:
- Oversee compliance with South African and International requirements for sound organizational operations;
- Oversee human resources systems providing the structures and supports needed to help our team work effectively with a positive, dynamic team culture;
- Oversee the maintenance of up to date human resources policies in both South Africa and the Boston offices;
- Onboard new team members;
- Ensure adequate and appropriate access to information systems;
- Perform other duties as assigned or required from time to time.
- Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in a relevant field such as public administration, business administration, finance and accounting or non-profit management will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of 6 years of financial and organizational management with increasing responsibility. Experience with non-profit financial management;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and analytical abilities. Advanced written and verbal communication skills required;
- Extensive experience with US Government, USAID, CDC grants and cooperative agreement rules and regulations;
- Strong command of Excel, Quickbooks and other financial and project management platforms;
- International non-profit experience and knowledge of South Africa.
- Other Attributes
- Absolute honesty and integrity; ability to maintain strict confidentiality;
- Strategic thinker;
- Demonstrated and consistent use of good judgment;
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with cross cultural team members;
- Ability to mentor other staff and give direction;
- Team player;
- Professional and mature demeanor;
- Flexible work style;
- The position requires mobility and ability to travel independently.
Application and Contact Details:
- This position requires legal residence and right to work in South Africa. No relocation costs or housing assistance will be covered by SA Partners.
- This position posting does not list all the duties of the job. If an offer is made you will be presented with a detailed job description. Applicants will be evaluated based upon their demonstrated ability to perform the tasks listed above, and their education and work experience. The employer has the right to revise this posting and/or the job description at any time.
- Neither this posting nor the job description is a contract for employment.
- Due to the high volume of resumes, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Should you not receive a response within 14 days of the closing date, please accept that your application was not successful.
- The employer has the right to not fill this post.
Kindly email a Cover Letter with salary requirements, and your resume or CV to [email protected]. Subject line should read: “Director of Finance and Administration”
Application Deadline: Monday, 26 August, 2019