The South African Bureau of Standards (SABS) has developed an ambitious 5 year growth strategy and would like to appoint a seasoned Executive to contribute to the SABS strategic objectives by focusing on the integration and efficiency of multiple support functions, and ensure that functional strategic plans support the overall SABS strategy.
Key Performance Areas:
Major areas of responsibility at a strategic level include the following:
- Providing strategic direction for the following corporate functions:
- Strategy and Reporting
- Facilities Management
- Legal Services
- Enterprise Project Management
- Risk and Compliance; and Information and Communications Technology (ICT).
- Advise the SABS on issues relating to strategic corporate services activities including short and long term objectives, service delivery, trends and forecasts.
- Implementing changes ensuring that relevant support services deliverables are streamlined; intertwined and deliver on their mandate.
Major areas of responsibility at an operational level include the following:
- Cultivating productive working relationships for all relevant functions, which support the nurturing of internal and external relationships. Managing and leading operational and related portfolios.
- Development and implementation of strategies and policies for all relevant functions, aligned to the achievement of overall organisational objectives.
- Application of project management framework to achieve set organisational objectives.
- Ensuring that the company has an effective risk management process in place through appropriate policies and system, internal controls, network infrastructure standards etc.
- Mentor direct reports to cultivate leadership skills and to increase consciousness of the interrelationship between functions.
- Provide direction to a service organization that mirrors the adopted mission and core values of the SABS.
- Remain knowledgeable of market and industry trends, competitors, and all aspects of SABS’s market.
- Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively. Monitor department performance against performance goals to ensure that progress is being made.
- Reporting on key strategic issues to the Executive Committee and SABS Board and other relevant internal and external stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A degree in Information Management and previous experience as the Chief Information Officer or similar senior management role is non-negotiable.
- Relevant B-degree or National Diploma + management/leadership qualification (or studying towards it) + 10 years’ relevant experience, 8 of which should be in a senior management position.
- Must demonstrate a high level of ownership to drive projects to completion and be successful in a collaborative rapid delivery environment.
- Must be experienced in developing and leading a high performance team.
- Building strategic relationship in a dynamic and competitive environment.
- Ability to communicate at Board level and reporting.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and function effectively in an ever changing environment.
- Strong senior management-level experience and ability – strategic planning, performance information reporting, financial and risk management, employee management, budget control etc.
SABS is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity targets to be achieved as per the SABS EE Plan. Preference will therefore be given to Coloured Males and Females, Indian Males & Females, White Males & Females as well as Persons with Disabilities.
Applications accepted until: 05th of Jul, 2013
Advert Code: SABS18279
Location: Groenkloof, Pretoria
How to Apply
Click on this link or on the Apply Now button at the end of this page to apply online