Advert Code: SABS6749
To ensure that all financial accounting transactions and reconciliations, managing of cash flow projections, statutory requirements and year end activities are appropriately managed within scope of control.
Key Performance Areas:
Account for all financial accounting transactions and reconciliations:
- Ensure that all control accounts and sub ledgers are in balance
- Review of reconciliations for all accounts within the departments control including fixed asset accounts
- Resolve items over benchmark period
- Monitor balance sheet accounts and review reconciliations of other departments in Finance
- Provide guidance on resolving items on problem reconciliation accounts
- Review of journals that forms part of the department responsibilities such as leave pay provision, PRMA and long service leave adjustments, investment movements, core funding, deferred income, etc.
- Manage and prepare monthly accrual journals
- Review of monthly fixed asset correction journals ensuring that the asset number accounts and sub ledgers are correct
- Upload of salary journals into JDE on a monthly basis before month end closure
Ensure that all balance sheets within scope of control are managed appropriately:
- Monitor monthly reconciliation of inter-company accounts
- Follow up on any unresolved transactions with relevant sections
- Review balance sheet accounts on a yearly basis to ensure that no duplicate accounts exist, dormant accounts are blocked and account descriptions are correct
- Clean up of company 750 transactions as well as ensure that within in a company there is a 1:1 relationship of accounts.
- Create new general ledger accounts
Ensure that all fixed assets within scope of control are accounted for and managed appropriately:
- Manage the whole process from opening a works order to the disposal of the asset.
- Sign off on any new created asset to ensure that asset class, acquisition date, depreciation date, depreciation period and wear and tear is correct.
- Review fixed asset register on a monthly basis to ensure that all assets have been accounted for correctly
- Ensure that all sub ledgers are corrected on a monthly basis.
- Report on capitalization of fixed assets and ensuring that we capitalize on time to avoid audit differences
- Review of assets classes to ensure that they are in line with SARS requirements with regards to wear and tear allowance and update where necessary
- Ensure that when assets are transferred/split all aspects are covered that could impact the status of the transferred asset.
Ensure the adequacy of cash resources and cash flow projections:
- Review daily available cash to ensure sufficient funds for operational requirements
- Obtain relevant information from the Group Manager Credit Management and Accounts Payable manager on cash flow projections for the month.
- Analyze and report on key cash flow ratios
- Upload monthly debit order file for Radiation invoices to be recovered
- Provide receipting department with rejections as they occur to ensure and assist with timely recovery
- Upload and review supplier payments
- Ensure that payment can be processed based on cash flow available
- Manage bank charges by eliminating numerous payments per day
- Run and review bank changes audit trail to ensure that any unauthorized payments/changes are followed up immediately
Report on financial processes within scope of control including but not limited to the ERP system and statutory requirements:
- Manage the preparation of the monthly report highlighting issues within the department and providing feedback on general ledger account status, budget position, cash flow and other relevant information.
- Compile monthly reporting on maintenance expenditure to control expensed capital items
- Report on completeness of accruals and implementing necessary controls to ensure that all invoices are accrued
- Review of the monthly calculation of the VAT liability of the SABS Group
- Manage all correspondence and submissions of statutory returns to StatsSA, Reserve bank,etc.
- Testing of any new ERP system enhancements related to the general ledger and fixed asset environment within scope of control
- Review bi-annual general ledger and fixed asset access and approval of access provided on the general ledger module within the ERP system and the reporting thereof
Manage Financial year end processes and financial statements:
- Plan all year-end activities and the communication thereof
- Review audit files and ensure that all required audit schedules are available and all year-end deliverables are met
- Complete necessary schedules for tax purposes with supporting documentation
- Manage external auditors to ensure that all their requirements are met.
- Manage management letter items for finance (prepare schedule and do the necessary follow ups)
- Manage the process of obtaining necessary disclosure information for inclusion in the financials that comply to IFRS
- Manage the implementation of new IFRS accounting standards
- Assist with the compilation of the financial statements
- Review annual report (glossy version) to ensure that data was transferred correctly and that there are no format issues
- Review the fixed asset disclosure for financials with supporting schedules
- Schedule year end meetings as well as compilation of minutes of the meetings for distribution
- Complete the Treasury template for review and manage the process to ensure deadlines are met for completion and delivery
Qualifications And Experience:
- Experienced in financial disciplines with excellent knowledge of fixed assets is essential
- Excellent understanding of IFRS, income tax and VAT, PFMA and Companies Act
- Computer literate (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) as well as ERP systems
Expresses complex ideas both written and verbal to all audiences. Demonstrates a finely tuned ability to anticipate, and respond to, reactions, attitudes, views, and feelings of individuals and groups.
Displays strong tenacity and drive to see things through to successful conclusion. Demonstrates a sense of urgency, a propensity for action, and confidence in the likely success of plans and initiatives. Delivers results that meet or exceed expectations.
Frequently initiates and pursues professional relationships. Works well with others in achieving goals and building productive relationships.
PROFESSIONAL AND TECHNICAL DEPTH AND CREDIBILITY
Demonstrates a sound knowledge in a narrow (specialist) area. Solves problems within own technical/professional area across a variety of generally related topics or in an area of specialization. Maintains awareness of developments in relevant disciplines; quickly applies the knowledge; identifies resources for needed assistance
Uses processes within own team and operates within existing guidelines. Applies professional, technical, and operational experience to continuously improve service quality.
Leverages others’ expertise, and shares information and best practices to optimize work results. Encourages others and offers guidance and support to others when assistance is required
Pursues achievement of goals with energy and enthusiasm. Seeks new experiences and challenges. Is aware of personal strengths and weaknesses and seeks self-improvement. Remains determined in the face of obstacles or pressure.
Demonstrates resourcefulness by exploring a range of alternatives and options to resolve problems. Quickly recognizes new problems and develops solutions within appropriate time scales.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online
Applications accepted until: 26th of Sep, 2013