To develop and implement strategies that support and grow the Certification – Head Office business as a whole for the SABS.
Key Performance Areas:
Strategic development of the Certification – Head Office to promote growth of the SABS business interests:
- Ensure that annual profitability of the Certification – Head Office business is maintained
- Ensure that existing business is maintained and new markets are explored
- Ensure that all revenue targets are met within each portfolio and the monitoring thereof
- Advise top management on new emerging technologies so as to ensure that the SABS is kept abreast of new developments in the business
- Ensure that the Certification – Head Office strategy is aligned to the business plan of the Commercial division overall
- Monitoring and measurement of the strategy on a regular basis as well as ensuring that any short falls or similar risks are raised and dealt with appropriately and timeously
- Identify, understand and build a knowledge base regarding Certification – Head Office, its products and abilities and business strategies
Management of the business unit:
- Development of business plans in line with the business unit goals and objectives
- Recognising areas for internal improvement and development of plans for implementation
- Management of the operating Model within sphere of control and ensuring the continuous improvement thereof so as to ensure business improvement
- Ensuring that the business unit objectives are met through effective performance management and measurement
- Development and management of financial planning, forecasting and a budget that will be used to initiate, drive and implement all Certification – Head Office initiatives in line with the business strategy
Design, development and implementation of all communications strategies and plans for the SABS on Local Content Verification activities:
- Development and implementation of communications strategies and plans in line with Commercial division’s goals and objectives.
- Recognising areas for internal improvement and development of plans for implementation.
- Management of all communications for the Certification – Head Office (both internal and external) and ensure that all communication is factual, accurate and is line with SABS communications strategy objectives.
- Act as the official spokesperson for the Certification – Head Office.
Ensuring that the corporate image of the organization is maintained through effective corporate social responsibility and other related initiatives:
- Develop and maintain professional and effective tools/mechanisms in the handling of complaints and queries to ensure that the integrity of SABS as an organization is not compromised.
- Develop and maintain a model and systems to ensure accessibility to this national programme and ensure regular reporting.
- Manage political fall-out by developing and maintaining a risk management model with an early warning system to advise SABS Executives and government stakeholders on the impacts and projections on the Local Content implementation.
Management of all resources i.e. financial and human within area of control:
- Advising the SABS Exco and the Executive on matters related to key stakeholder and membership liaison within scope of control as it relates to Certification – Head Office
- Maintaining excellent human capital performance through employee empowerment, skills development and retention and succession planning, within the division
- Accountability for the overall financial performance and improvement of efficiency in service delivery within the division
- Management and maintenance of the budget within scope of control
- Ensuring that all people within scope of control are properly trained and developed including mentorship and coaching of employees
Overall governance, direction setting, operational structures, processes and general management of the Certification – Head Office:
- Ensure that relationships with the South African Government (all structures), business community, regulators and other key stakeholders are maintained and managed
- Develop and manage financial planning, forecasting and a budget that will be used to initiate, drive and implement all Certification – Head Office initiatives in line with the business strategy
- Direct the SABS’s relationship with its stakeholders by supervising and managing their performance in a manner that is consistently beneficial to the organization in all respects
- Prepare key performance areas for the Certification – Head Office, in order to obtain high service levels from the stakeholders and provide parameters to measure them against
- Formulating, implementing and integrating SABS Certification – Head Office strategies for both internal and external stakeholders
- Formulating, driving the implementation of, and ensuring compliance with policies aimed at strengthening the SABS brand and stakeholder interface
- Develop and execute on the Certification – Head Office strategy that includes but is not limited to annual profitability, revenue targets and overall risk management of the portfolio
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post Graduate Degree / equivalent diploma qualifications
- Added advantage for engineering qualifications and business/operations management
- (8) Years senior leadership experience (5 of which should be in a senior management position).
- Preference for experience in a manufacturing environment. An added advantage would be experience in conformity assessment.
Conveys information, thoughts, and opinions by writing or speaking in a persuasive manner appropriate to the audience. Listens carefully and attentively, and clarifies and confirms the understanding of others’ messages. Demonstrates an understanding of the implicit (emotional) message as well as the explicit message of any communication.
PLANNING AND ORGANISING
Plans tasks and projects and defines the resources needed for achievement of deliverables. Anticipates potential problems and develops contingency plans to avoid them.
Personally does what is required to complete the work. Demonstrates persistence in the face of setbacks. Consistently delivers high quality results on time.
Works collaboratively with customers to determine their needs and identify appropriate solutions. Ensures that customers and decision makers are influenced.
Working collaboratively with government departments to advance the industrialization benefits on local content.
Frequently initiates and pursues professional relationships. Works well with others in achieving goals and building productive relationships.
Establishes systematic performance standards, and ensures that performance issues are identified and acted upon promptly and encourages development and retention planning for top talent across own team.
PROFESSIONAL AND TECHNICAL DEPTH AND CREDIBILITY
Demonstrates significant knowledge across a range of (generally, related) discipline areas and/or has extensive specialist knowledge. Confidently solves complex problems and translates complicated ideas into understandable concepts in a business context.
Selects the appropriate goals or strategies to work on from a range of competing high-potential alternatives.
– Responds proactively to changing priorities/environment.
Considers the impact of decisions/actions beyond the boundaries of own organization/team. Influences key people to support the achievement of team and line of business goals. Builds networks of contacts that can help in attaining goals.
Applications accepted until: 05th of Jul, 2013
Advert Code: SABS7973
How to Apply
Click on this link or on the Apply Now button at the end of this page to apply online