Posted on :
28 Jan, 2014
28 Jan, 2014
Advert Code: SABS9822
Reporting To: Chief Risk Officer
To Facilitate the execution of enterprise risk management (ERM), compliance management processes and infrastructure projects as key to the achievement of organizational objectives.
Key Performance Areas:
Coordinate the Risk Compliance framework implementation to all divisions within SABS:
• Establish and communicate the organization’s Risk and Compliance Management objectives and direction.
• Maintain linkages between Compliance Management framework and the strategy.
• Ensure proper integration of risk and compliance management into the organizational strategy and practices.
Ensure continuous improvement for SABS and monitor compliance to relevant legislation:
• Develop the risk and compliance mitigation strategies for the SABS compliance to the Act and related legislation.
• Continuously monitor and review strategies to mitigate risk and the development of contingency plans where necessary.
• Establish, maintain and ensure continuous improvement of risk and compliance management capabilities across SABS.
Maintain regular updates on policies and procedures in line with the SABS regulations and Processes:
• Discharge the responsibility to ensure compliance with any statutory or regulatory requirements for the SABS.
• Ensure that the SABS complies with all the Acts and regulations.
• Conduct continuous monitoring of processes to enable effective annual review of risk and compliance management.
• Ensure implementation of effective risk and compliance management practices.
Roll-out the Risk Management Plans and Records Management framework to all divisions within SABS:
• Establish, maintain and ensure continuous improvement of records management capabilities across SABS.
• Ensure that the SABS complies with compliance planning as the best practice and discipline.
Create awareness on the application of the Risk and Compliance software tool:
• Create awareness of compliance management across the organization.
• Conduct management education and training from time to time.
• Facilitate the use of appropriate methodologies, tools and technique.
Optimize own performance within the team:
• Participate as a productive team member.
• Manage own performance in order to meet departmental objectives.
• Contribute to diversity management initiatives and build business relationships.
• Seek guidance and mentorship from more experienced team members where necessary.
Qualifications And Experience:
• Degree or National Diploma in related field
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in risk and compliance or internal audit and records management function
• Computer literate (MS Office Suite including Access, Internet and other related programme
• Knowledge of compliance software and tools
• Valid driver’s license
• Expresses and articulates key elements of ideas or concepts (both written and verbal) in a logical, descriptive, and comprehensible manner.
• Anticipates reactions and responds appropriately. Probes and listens for information from others, without interrupting or judging, in order to understand underlying issues.
• Displays strong tenacity and drive to see things through to successful conclusion.
• Demonstrates a sense of urgency, a propensity for action, and confidence in the likely success of plans and initiatives.
• Delivers results that meet or exceed expectations.
Professional Credibility and Technical Depth:
• Demonstrates a sound knowledge across a range of (generally, related) discipline areas.
• Solves complex problems, and presents different professional/technical scenarios and approaches by applying specialist knowledge.
• Keeps abreast of tools, methods, and techniques, thereby acting as an internal resource in a particular area of expertise/specialist knowledge.
Business and Technical Mastery:
• Demonstrates in-depth understanding of industry core processes, business environment, and practices, to colleagues, clients, and other industry specialists.
• Uses familiarity with other product/service offerings to position and sell industry-specific products/services.
• Imparts knowledge and is recognized as a knowledgeable resource on industry practices, standards and solutions.
• Demonstrates resourcefulness by exploring a range of alternatives and options to resolve problems.
• Quickly recognizes new problems and develops solutions within appropriate time scales.
Applications accepted until: 30th of Jan, 2014
SABS is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity targets to be achieved as per the SABS EE Plan.