Posted on :
27 Jan, 2021
27 Jan, 2021
To manage and lead an effective, efficient, comprehensive, independent and objective internal audit services in respect of internal control systems, risk management, ethics and corporate governance, in accordance with the Treasury, PFMA, GAAP Accounting principles and International Standards for Professional Practice of Internal Auditing. The Chief Audit Executive has to provide reasonable assurance to Management and the Board that there are effective internal controls in place.
Job Title: Development Team Lead
Location: Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa
Reference #: Chief Audit Executive 2021
Contract Type: Contract 5 Years
Salary: Market Related
Strategic Support to the SACAA Director of Civil Aviation and Board
Provide support to the Director of Civil Aviation and SACAA Board in identifying Internal Audit Operations strategies required to establish and maintain an efficient and effective comprehensive Internal Audit Operations in line with the SACAA’s mandate
Manage and ensure the development of the overall Internal Audit strategy and management philosophy for SACAA. • Translate the SACAA vision and strategic objectives into Internal Audit Operations imperatives and ensure integration with other CAA departments to effectively support the achievement of SACAA’s strategic priorities. • Manage and ensure the development and implementation of an annual business plan in line with the PFMA and the Treasury Regulations, that will effectively meet both the short and long-term goals and strategy requirements of the organisation. .
Compile and manage Internal Audit Operations budget annually for approval by Exco and the Board in line with the PFMA and other appropriate legislative documentation. • Manage expenditure in line with approved parameters, and report variances as required in line with the PFMA and other appropriate legislative documentation
Manage and ensure the implementation of Internal Audit operations development interventions aimed at institutionalising a high-performance culture and establishing a cohesive and positive working environment within SACAA to improve staff morale and increase productivity.
• Mentor, coach and develop staff on an ongoing basis as required to ensure effective and efficient Internal Audit Operations.
• Ensure employees are fully engaged to deliver the SACAA objectives
Develop and Manage an Annual Internal Audit Plan & Operations
• Provide objective and independent assurance on internal controls to the Director of Civil Aviation and the Board of Directors through the Audit and Risk Committee
• Assist the Board with the implementation of policies and strategies that are in line with all applicable laws and good corporate governance such as King III principles.
• Communicate the results of audit and consulting projects in terms of risks assessments via written reports and oral presentations to management and the Board.
• Advise the Board of the risks facing the organisation and non-compliance issues.
• Evaluate risk identification, risk assessment and risk mitigation within SACAA and recommend possible improvement of deficiencies in the risk management system.
• Perform relevant duties and functions as may reasonably be assigned by the Director of Civil Aviation from time to time
All SACAA appointments are subject to S98 of the Civil Aviation Act, 13 of 2009 and all successful candidates will be subjected to security vetting.
Preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates and specifically people with disabilities.
NQF Level 7/ B Com with Accounting and Auditing Plus CIA qualification (Certified Internal Auditor)
Completed Articles or Clerkship with a Chartered Accounting firm an advantage
Managerial Capacity / Experience 5 Years
Financial management/auditing 10 Years
Application Deadline: 08/02/2021