Posted on :
2 Jul, 2021
2 Jul, 2021
The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) is a public entity under the National Department of Science
SANSA has a mandate to drive the promotion and use of space and cooperation in space-related activities. To achieve this mandate, the Agency fosters research in space science and technology, advances space engineering programmes, and supports the creation of an environment conducive to industrial development in space technologies within the framework of national government policy. More information about the organization can be found at http://www.sansa.org.za
SANSA is committed to attracting, developing and retaining employees who are passionate about the success of the national space industry. Personal growth, which is one of our values, encourages employees to invest time in education and training through bursaries and training courses offered to them.
SANSA thrives on our employees’ creativity, competencies and expertise, and on their ingenuity to succeed in a high performing environment. If you aspire to the SANSA values of Service, Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Personal Growth and Excellence, and living these in a fast paced and innovative environment, then SANSA could be the place for you. The following opportunity exists in the Head Office situated in Pretoria, Gauteng to be filled by an individual with the relevant skills, drive, competencies, qualifications.
Job Title: Enterprise Risk Manager (Permanent)
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Reference #: ERM01
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
Reporting to the Executive Director: Enterprise Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for the design, implementation and management of the Risk Framework throughout SANSA to oversee, report on and monitor risks and mitigation factors. Accountable for monitoring, management and reporting on anticorruption, fraud, fruitless, wasteful and irregular expenditure. They will oversees Business Continuity Plans across SANSA.
Key areas of responsibility will include but not limited to:
• Development of policies, strategies and tools for risk management;
• Organisational Risk Management;
• Fraud and Anti-Corruption Management;
• Wasteful Expenditure Management;
• Enterprise Business Continuity Management.
• A Bachelor’s degree in either Risk Management/Finance/Accounting/Management or a relevant
professionally recognized Risk Management qualification;
• 5 to 8 years’ experience as an Enterprise Risk Manager in a similar environment;
• They should have knowledge on risk management in the public sector, anti-corruption strategy, fraud
prevention measures, king reports on corporate governance as well as key business functions;
• They should have advanced knowledge of project management systems and specialized risk
• Moderate knowledge of word, excel and power point.
Application Deadline: 14/07/2021