Posted on :
23 Dec, 2014
Salary Level : Level 5 = R 123 738 per annum (Appointment will be made in terms of Public Service Act, 1994 (Act no 103 of 1994))
Section : Specific Crime Investigations: Vehicle Crime
Investigations: Policy, Standards and Procedures
Ref No. : DS 5/2014
*Be in possession of Senior Certificate (Grade 12);*Have a certificate in Office Administration/Management/Public Administration/Management or related fields;
*Applicants in possession of a higher qualification in the specific field or who have completed an internship/currently undergoing an internship in the Public Service may receive preference;*Appropriate/relevant experience in the field of the post as well
competency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint will be an advantage.
*Assist with conducting research on electronic and written media regarding policy, standards and procedures in the vehicle crime investigation environment for the purpose of obtaining information *Assist with the compilation, which includes typing, of draft policy, standards and procedures applicable to the vehicle crime investigation environment *Assist with the circulation by means of electronic and written media of draft policy, standards and procedures applicable to the vehicle crime investigation environment
*Assist with the consolidation by means of electronic and written media of comments
received on draft policy, standards and procedures applicable to the vehicle crime
investigation environment *Assist with the final enrichment and approval process of draft
policy, standards and procedures applicable to the vehicle crime investigation environment
*Assist with the conducting of research on electronic and written media regarding noninvestigative
strategic projects applicable to the vehicle crime investigation environment
*Assist with the compilation of project plans which includes typing of non-investigative
strategic projects applicable to the vehicle crime investigation environment *Assist with the
typing of invitations, agendas and the taking and typing of minutes of project meetings
*Assist with the collation of information regarding the maintaining of training material
applicable to the vehicle crime investigation environment *Assist with the updating which
include typing regarding the training material applicable to the vehicle crime investigation
environment *Assist with the reproduction of training material which includes typing,
photocopies, binding, etc *Assist with the maintaining of the filing area applicable to policy,
standards, procedures, projects and training material.
* Only the official application form (available on the SAPS website and at SAPS recruitment offices) will be accepted. The Z83 previously utilized will no longer be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
* The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
* A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form.
* Certified copies of an applicant’s ID, Senior Certificate and all educational qualifications obtained, service certificates of previous employers stating the occupation, proof of relevant experience in the field of the post and motor vehicle driver’s license.
* The copies must be correctly certified on the copy itself, not at the back. The certification must not be older than three months.
* Qualifications and driver’s licences submitted will be subjected to verification checking with the relevant institutions.
* Appointments will be made in terms of the Public Service Act as applicable to the post environment.
* Applications must be mailed timeously. Late applications will not be accepted or considered.
* The closing date for applications is: 2014-12-31
* If a candidate is short-listed, it can be expected of him/her to undergo a personal interview as well as a practical assessment.
* Reference checking will be conducted on all short listed applicants.
* Short-listed candidates for appointment to certain identified posts, will be vetted in terms of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007 (Act No 32 of 2007) and the Children’s Act, 2005 (Act No 38 of 2005). A candidate whose particulars appear in either the National Register for Sex Offenders or Part B of the Child Protection Register, will be disqualified from appointment to that post.
* All short-listed candidates will be subjected to fingerprint screening.
* Correspondence will be conducted with successful candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
* The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after the advertisement thereof.
* The South African Police Service is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and it is the intention to promote representivity in the Public Service through the filling of these posts. Persons whose transfer/appointment will promote representivity will therefore receive preference.
* The SAPS application forms can be obtained from any SAPS Recruitment Office within the South African Police Service.
In view of the expected high volume of applications faxes, e-mails or mailed applications will not be accepted.
Application forms must be hand-delivered or mailed to the relevant office indicated below:
South African Police Service, Private Bag X 302, Pretoria, 0001 or hand delivered to the attention: Maj Ntho,
Wachthuis Building, Francis Baard Street on the 2nd floor room 208 or 212, Detective Service.
Enquiries can be directed to: Maj DM Ntho 012 393 1953/ Lt PP Mboweni 012 393 4478/ SPO MC
Molebatsi 012 393 1908/ SPO RP Moota and PO TS Kgwedi 012 393 1968