South32 is a distinctive business with a leading presence in the global market. Our operations span multiple continents and offer an excellent platform for those seeking to fast track their career. Join our dynamic business and become part of the South32 Group.
Job Title: Superintendent Production undergroud
Location: eMalahleni / Witbank, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Reference: # KHT-PROD-025
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
The purpose of this role is to direct and control the activities of employees engaged in performing a variety of production operations aimed at achieving planned production targets as well as ensure the effective use of available resources in a safe and sustainable manner.
- Oversees the production process and assists with drawing up of the production schedule;
- Monitor daily achievement of targets;
- Ensures all work is effectively planned, resourced and undertaken in a safe and cost-effective manner;
- Monitors the production process in line with set targets ensuring strict adherence to plan compliance;
- Monitors production standards and implements a quality control program, reviews report and statistics to plan and modify mining activities;
- Provides insight on the selection of mining equipment, reviews new production plans and discusses equipment needs and modifications;
- Implements and ensures that methods and procedures are in place for optimal asset utilization;
- Ensure adherence to policies, standards and procedures in all areas of operations;
- Investigates non-conformance to mining activities, identifies areas for improvement and implement solutions.
- Serious contenders will have a Degree / National Diploma in Mining Engineering with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an underground section of which at least 2 years should have been in a supervisory capacity as Mine Overseer (MHSA Section 2.14.1 appointment);
- Subordinate manager (MHSA Section 2.6.1 appointment) experience on an underground mine is advantageous;
- Sound knowledge and understanding of legislation is essential;
- Computer literacy is essential;
- Mine Manager’s Certificate of Competency is essential;
- Mine Overseer Certificate is advantageous.
Application Deadline: 21/08/2020