SouthSouthNorth is a nonprofit organisation working on projects that promote sustainable development and address climate change.
Job Title: Knowledge Manager
Job Location: Cape Town
Remuneration: R25 000
Duration: One year fixed-term contract with potential to renew
Start date: As soon as possible
The purpose of the position will involve supporting the team in knowledge- and communications-related responsibilities for SSN programmes.
- Conceptualise and implement knowledge management and communications strategies for SSN programmes
- Produce knowledge products, including publications, videos, podcasts etc
- Write blogs / stories
- Format, edit and proofread documents
- Content planning and website updates (via a WordPress or similar back-end)
- Social media planning (via Hoot suite or similar)
- Liaise with service providers e.g. designers, videographers, web developers, printers
- Tend to media organisation requests, writing and disseminating press releases, maintaining SSN’s media contacts database
- Brand and market SSN programmes and materials
- Coordinate SSN’s presence at external events and liaise with media / journalists attending
- Mail list management and newsletter production and dissemination (via Salesforce, Mail chimp or similar)
- Contribute to SSN’s learning strategy and manage company databases and image archive
- Monitor analytics and dissemination of materials / content
- Degree in English, communications, journalism or social science (including international development, political science or economics) or natural science (including biology, environmental science or geography)
- Professional experience (at least three years) in knowledge management, communications, marketing
- A strong grounding in climate change and/or international development
- Attention to detail, and planning, administration and organisational skills
- Ability to task-swop efficiently
- English verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel within Africa and internationally
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office, database and website software, and technology and social media friendly
- Photography and video skills, proficiency in visual storytelling and graphic design
- Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish
- A thorough understanding of delivering communications campaigns within a nonprofit as well as within the international development / climate change arenas
- Relationships with global and regional (Africa) media outlets
To apply, complete the following Google form and upload your C.V and cover letter via this link
No late applications will be permitted and we will contact shortlisted candidates within two weeks of the closing date. If you are not contacted within this time period, consider your application unsuccessful.
Unfortunately, we are not able to offer feedback on any application made for this job posting.
SouthSouthNorth reserves the right to not make an appointment.
Application Deadline: 8th October, 2018