Posted on :
13 Jul, 2017
13 Jul, 2017
Media24 is a leading media company in Africa with interests in digital media, newspapers, magazines, printing, distribution, book publishing, job classifieds and ecommerce.
Media24’s digital media division, 24.com, is a leading African network of popular digital publishing brands and online services across internet, mobile and applications.
24.com is dedicated to creating and sustaining uniquely African online and mobile communities. As South Africa’s largest digital publishing house, the network welcomes over 16 million local unique browsers monthly. Media24 is part of Naspers, a multinational group of media and ecommerce platforms.
The SpaceStation offers an exciting 12 month contract for a design intern working with our Design and Production team. With the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects and develop your design skills across all platforms from UX/IA design, to corporate identity, to layout design and all things digital.
– A degree or diploma in Graphic Design, New Media or similar qualification
Skills & Competencies – Demonstrable experience designing marketing websites, sales collateral, web applications, and mobile/app
– Strong portfolio of work showing a range of design styles that will show a consistent use of templates, grid, typography, iconography, colour, etc.
– Fluency in current graphic design practices and web production software, such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Flash
– Technical knowledge of how web-based technologies apply to web design such as HTML, Flash, CSS, AJAX
– Understanding of and experience in corporate branding, layout, colour theory and typography in both print and digital media
– Has demonstrated successful design and integration, and the delivery of projects on time and within the given budget
– Ability to effective manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
– Excellent organizational and communication skills
– Strong analytical skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
– Secondary UX skills in Interaction Design or Front-End Development are desired
– Experience with content management systems a plus, for example WordPress
– General computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PC and typing skills)
– Great team player and excellent communication skills
– Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Duties & Responsibilities
– Provide Graphic and Web Design services
– Design of advertising material, sales collateral, pitch material in support of the SpaceStation’s ad sales function
– Creating visual design deliverables such as concept wireframe, layouts/design, and specifications for web and mobile for all channels
– Design and code HTML5 and flash banner ads
– Project manage own tasks and output
Closing Date: 19 July 2017
In terms of our employment equity policy, preference will be given to candidates from designated groups, including people with disabilities.