Special Olympics South Africa transforms lives through the joy of sport, every day, everywhere. The Organisation is South Africa’s largest sports organisation for people with intellectual disabilities: with more than 50 000 athletes in all 9 provinces. The organisations goal is to transform their lives through the joy of sport, and to transform the lives of their families and communities.
Job Title: Financial Accountant
The purpose of the position is to manage and implement the entire financial accounting system and has an understanding of the NGO sector.
- Prepare Management Accounting Reports for management and relevant external parties
- Prepare and manage programme, project and organisational budgets
- Cash flow management and forecasting
- Submission of all statutory returns such as VAT and employee tax and liaison with authorities e.g. SARS
- Implement and maintain effective system internal controls, processes and procedures
- Prepare and draft financials up to trial balance and monthly recons
- Effective payment processes in accordance with budgets and cash flow
- Mobilise, coordinate, influence, monitor, safeguard and evaluate the use of resources from government, external donors and the private sector
- Ensure the implementation of the strategic plan to maximize the impact of all investments
- Administer the full monthly payroll function
- Administer petty cash
- Office and other administrative tasks
- Other ad-hoc duties that can be reasonably expected from a person in the position
- Accountancy qualification (Diploma or BCom) plus relevant experience
- Experience in working in the NGO field in a similar role will be an advantage
- Experience in project planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting from a financial perspective
- Computer literacy with Excel skills is a must
- Experience in Pastel or a similar accounting package will be an advantage
- Self- starter that is self-motivated and ready to make a difference in the organisation
- Communication, analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to negotiate and attention to detail
To apply, send your CV, motivational letter and two contactable references to [email protected]
Application Deadline: 8 June, 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Special Olympics South Africa reserves the right not to fill this position.