An opportunity has arisen to appoint a Specialist – Cash Reconciliations.
Summary of the position
The Specialist – Cash Reconciliations, will be responsible for analysing aged recon breaks as well as spikes in recon breaks and identiy the route the cause.They will use the data from the analysis to impliment corrective measures that will reduce the number of future recon breaks and thus creating efficiency in the recons area. Further to this, the specialist will be responsible for new client take-on’s and all project work within the team.
Outline of main duties and responsibilities
The Specialist – Cash Reconciliations will be expected to:
- Monitor and identify clients with high recon items:
- only stabilizes and hands back recon;
- needs to report on cause of spike or reason recons deteriorated and suggest correction action to prevent future errors or spikes. Eg training, process enhancement, or engagement with internal and external clients;
- Try and prevent spikes were possible by anticipating impact of changes in process or projects;
- Manage client anxiety around spikes in aged recon items;
- Bring down spikes within a reasonable amount of time.
- Identifying areas where matching rate of items is low and implement rules to increase the matching rate.
- Monitor the failed trades rate between AA and IO and update mapping table for trades.
- New client setup on Accurate, including requesting swifts from banks and swat team attendance.
- Engage Team leaders of recon teams to identify processes that are hindering efficiency and determine if they can be enhanced.
- Follow up on and resolve any queries around Cognos bank statements and closing balance files as well as the Safex statements.
- Be involved in scoping, testing and implementation of projects. Travelling might be a requirement.
- Assisting with training new/current team members.
Skills and experience required
The successful candidate will have:
- Have minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Recons administrator;
- A BCom or similar, accounting, economics or investments background;
- Experience in Asset Management portfolio administration;
- Experience with investment products (including hedge funds) either locally or internationally an advantage;
- IT and Systems Skills and Knowledge;
- A good working knowledge of systems or an aptitude for working with systems, specifically ACCURATE;
- An excellent working knowledge of MS office & IT packages (particularly Excel);
- Knowledge of Invest One and Asset Arena an advantage.
Personal Skills and Abilities:
- Good understanding, knowledge and experience of back office administration processes and accounting;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
The Specialist – Cash Reconciliations will report to the Manager – Cash Reconciliations .
Remuneration will be market related and commensurate with experience and seniority. In addition, the successful candidate will receive a competitive benefits package.