Posted on :
18 Mar, 2014
18 Mar, 2014
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for the planning, organizing, leading and controlling the introduction of new option codes, baumusters and major product changes across the plant (new models, model years)
• Responsible for the scope, timeline, costs and General planning to ensure a seamless introduction of these new changes
• Responsible to cross functionally manage all divisional activities that are required to implement these new changes on line
• Ensure part readiness for all parts (import and local) by divisional time line management to ensure parts are ready for introduction in line with the project time lines set by the ECS’s.
• Responsible for the detailed budget and assets management of each of these projects
• Responsible to liaise and report details and progress of these projects to local management and project management teams in Germany
• To project manage part readiness for new models, model years, new baumusters and key option codes from documentation to implementation on line in compliance to the Company’s Integrity & Anti Bribery Codes, Conflict of Interest Policy & S.H.E. requirements and to perform delegated S.H.E. tasks and duties & to inform superior about deviations
• Cross-functional experience with emphasis on Logistics, Development, Purchasing, Production, Quality and Project Management
• Knowledge of MBSA systems, i.e. Dialog, PLUS, START essential
• Knowledge of MBSA processes and procedures.
• Willingness to work a 3 shift model
• Ability to perform the minimum required physical and mental requirements of the function.
• Leadership behaviours as per LEAD
• At least 3 years Project Engineering related experience with coordinating experience or
• At least 6 months participation in our Graduate Development Programme.
Education • Minimum NQF 6 (new) – ND in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering or relevant equivalent
|Job Title||Specialist Project Management|
|Company||Mercedes-Benz South Africa Manufacturing|
|Department||Manufacturing and Production: Logistics|
|Compensation Amount||Market Related|
|Job Type Classification||Permanent|
|Location – Town / City||East London|
|Location – Province||Eastern Cape|
|Location – Country||South Africa|