Posted on :
2 Mar, 2023
2 Mar, 2023
The infrastructure manager is responsible for managing the overall day-to-day Information Technology operations with the aim of improving infrastructure costs, performance and end user satisfaction.
Job Title: IT Infrastructure Manager
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for managing overall day-to-day Information Technology operations with the objective of improving infrastructure costs, performance and end-user satisfaction.
• Provide leadership in planning and managing computer operations and production support, systems and database administration and network operations.
• Ensure system performance and Service Level Agreement (SLA) parameters are met.
• Manage Information Technology resource requirements to ensure appropriate balance between tactical- and strategic demands.
• Implement Information Technology continuous improvement programs.
• Manage the physical infrastructure to ensure the full asset life cycle of all assets is achieved and optimised.
• Manage strategic relationships with key Information Technology product- and service providers.
• Provide in depth technical expertise for both tactical- and operational initiatives.
• Provision, in close cooperation with third party service provider/s, of an Information Technology infrastructure that is suitable for the group to access and use their business applications.
• Assess the relative impact of Information Technology industry trends on current and future enterprise infrastructure needs and projects.
• Interface with business unit managers to define infrastructure support initiatives and solutions for improving service efficiency and effectiveness.
• Engage with software development teams to ensure the balance between capacity, availability and security is maintained across the infrastructure.
• Analyse and predict trends and develop long range plans designed to maintain cost effectiveness.
• Analyse and predict trends and develop long range plans designed to maintain capacity and availability.
• Participate in Information Technology strategy planning activities.
• Responsible for designing and troubleshooting the group’s global network of Information Technology services to meet the functional objectives of the business.
• Develop the reporting for vendor performance in areas that include quality, capacity, systems and responsiveness.
• Ensure the infrastructure team is mitigating, monitoring and managing infrastructure related risks.
• Work closely with project team members’ line managers for time allocation and prioritisation.
• Manage a dynamic team of employed staff and outsourced service providers, to constantly search for creative ways to elevate the capabilities of technology systems to meet business needs.
• Participate in the budget process.
Desired Experience & Qualification:
• At least 5 years’ of proven IT Management experience, including managing teams responsible for architecture design and deployment, systems lifecycle management and infrastructure planning and operations.
• Experience in areas such as network design and administration, data center operations, database administration, and systems programming and administration.
• Strong people and relationship management skills.
• Have a practical working knowledge of ITIL and/or MOF practices (preferably ITIL certified).
• Have a practical working knowledge of Information Security best practices (preferably ISO 27001 and/or CISM certified).
• Understanding of TOGAF.
• Understanding of COBIT.
• Understanding of POPIA.
• Experience leveraging cloud-based solutions as part of the infrastructure (preferably Azure and/or AWS).
• Ability to think logically and demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to manage internal and external projects from inception to completion.
• Expertise in setting and managing customer expectations.
• Skill in conceptualising creative solutions as well as documenting them and presenting them to senior management.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of business’ needs with ability to establish and maintain a high level of internal and external customer trust and confidence.
• Ability to develop and deliver projects using leading edge technologies.
• Experience working with vendors.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work within a defined budget, while ensuring delivery.