The SRHR Africa Trust (SAT) is a youth-centred organisation dedicated to gender-equal youth health. SAT works across the SADC region, with country programmes in Botswana, Malawi, Zambia and Zimbabwe, and a regional office in South Africa. We support over 100 communities, NGOs, CBOs and activists to help adolescents walk healthy, happy, confident and safe pathways to adulthood.
Job Title: Regional Programmes Manager
Location: Rosebank, Johannesburg, South Africa.
The purpose of the position will be to lead SAT’s SRHR Programme, contributing to its development, & managing implementation of the programme, including support to SAT country offices, ensuring sustainability of resources to create supportive environments where young people can realise their rights and wellbeing.
- Strategic planning and alignment with global best practices in SRHR programming
- Supporting and managing implementation and reporting on SAT’s programme focus areas: adolescent access to SRHR education, information, counselling and services; removing legal barriers and strengthening the protective environment for adolescents; supporting young people’s meaningful participation and leadership in health
- Representation and networking
- Regional and country staff, and partner capacity building and support
- Contributing to Resource Mobilisation strategy development, implementation and review
- At least a Master’s Degree in Social Sciences and experience in development, public health, gender, SRHR or HIV
- Have at least 5 years working in public health, SRHR or HIV
- Have 3-5 years supervisory or managerial experience, preferably in the development sector
- Have experience in structured project management and supervising staff, operating multiple functions and the ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget
- Be able and willing to travel both within and outside South Africa.
- A qualification or training in project management is strongly desirable
- The opportunity to gain exposure and experience of working with international partners, regional and national organisations in a high profile, long-established regional organisation, making a real difference to the lives and health of young people
- A professional working environment in the heart of Rosebank, Johannesburg
- A competitive market-related salary package based on experience, qualifications and skills
If you are interested in this position, please send an email indicating the position being applied for, and attaching a motivating letter, together with your CV and two contactable references, to Senzi Radebe at [email protected]
Application Deadline: Sunday, 6 October, 2019