St Luke’s Hospice is committed to caring for patients with life threatening illnesses, supporting their families and cares for people of all religions.
Job Title: Community Hospice Sisters/Registered Nurse [3 Positions]
Job Location: Cape Town
Two full time position and one part time position
The purpose of the position is to provide Palliative care and support to community referred patients with life-threatening illness.
- Attend to and provide care of the patients of SLCH within the guidelines of nursing act and the philosophy of the organisation
- Assess, monitor and advise patients on pain and symptom control in accordance with the patient’s medical advisory team
- Develop and implement the nursing plan in accordance with the patient’s medical advisory team
- Provide relevant support to the family of the patients
- Refer patients to other specialised services within the organisation if and when so required
- Maintain all patient data in accordance with the requirements of the law, instructions from the medical team and within the guidelines of SLCH
- Perform other duties, as and when so requested, in support of team goals
- Diploma in General Nursing or Degree in Nursing Science (General, Psychiatry, Community and Midwifery)
- A minimum of three years related experience
- Diploma or Certification in Palliative Care (added advantage)
- Microsoft Office Suite literacy (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Unendorsed driver’s licence
- Fluency in at least two official languages and an understanding of palliative care and its role in society (added advantage)
- Resilience and stress management
- Interpersonal sensitivity
- Team leadership
- Judgement and decision making
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal and written communication
To apply, submit the below to Chandre Williams at [email protected]
- A letter of motivation for the application and a fully completed application form (available from the HR office)
- A Curriculum Vitae (not exceeding three pages)
- Other proficiency assessments to assess competence in areas required, inclusive of a panel interview
All applications received within the time frames will be considered.
Applicants who do not receive a response on their application within five working days of the closing date of the advertisement, are to accede that the application was not successful.
St Luke’s Combined Hospices reserves the right not to make an appointment to this position.
St Luke’s Combined Hospices is guided by the principles of Employment Equity.
On behalf of Management, we wish you well in your application and future endeavours.
Application Deadline: 30th June, 2018