The Starfish Greathearts Foundation (SGF(SA)) supports girls and boys, especially those orphaned or vulnerable, by working in partnership with community based organisations (CBOs) – strengthening them, funding them and working towards their increased ability to deliver research-informed, evidence-based OVC&A interventions.
Our Nurturing Care Programme focuses on assisting CBOs to deliver effective and sustainable Health & Nutrition-Responsive Caregiving, Safety and Security and Stimulation and Learning programmes – working at the CBO, in the community, in the life-space of the child, and with families directly.
We are therefore looking for a uniquely skilled individual who is passionate about making a measurable difference in lives of girls and boys in South Africa – an influencer, a team-builder and a team-player.
Job Title: Fundraiser
Permanent position: Salary (240K- 300K)
Reporting to: the CEO
Start date: January 2019
- Develop corporate & private donor fundraising strategies
- Develop and design ideas around new events for increased awareness and support for Starfish
- Create and update donor databases and media lists
- Design and produce materials such as posters, websites, or newsletters to promote, market, or advertise fundraising events
- Develop direct mail and web-based fundraising activities, contribute to digital marketing / social media development & content
- Develop proposals to submit to grant providing or other funding organisations
- Prepare and monitor fundraising budgets
- Write reports and prepare presentations to communicate fundraising activities and results thereof
- Draft and send letters of thanks to donors
- Assist the CEO in preparing periodic updates/press releases to donors and other supporters to assure them that donated funds are being efficiently utilised.
- 60% focus on business development or fundraising and 40% PR, Campaigns and Events
- A proven track-record in fundraising
- Relevant training, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience and a track record in events planning, working in partnership with various stakeholders.
- Relevant professional qualifications or memberships e.g. marketing, journalism, fundraising, SAFI
- Excellent writing skills, with particular reference to proposal and report writing
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and networking skills
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office suite, SalesForce
- Passionate, enthusiastic, hard-working, detailed and results oriented
- Valid SA drivers licence and own car
To apply, submit a CV to [email protected] by 30/11/2018
Only application from South African citizens will be considered.
Only successful candidates will be notified.