Posted on :
27 Apr, 2022
27 Apr, 2022
The Coastal Region is looking to employ a Jnr QS . This position assists in the preparation of cost estimates and plans. In addition, the position assists in the auditing of the projects revenues and costs.
Job Title: Jnr Quantity Surveyor
Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Reference #: CS/2022-06
Contract Type: Permanent
Measurement and Certification:
•Assist with the maintenance of an up to date measure of the value of work done.
•Assist the QS to prepare monthly valuations.
•In conjunction with the QS monitor certificates and collect monthly payments according to due date.
•Ensure full compliance to all contractual requirements.
•Assist QS with preparation of any information in respect of the evaluation of Suppliers and material supplies.
•Prepare documents for bulk orders
•Prepare Sub-Contractor and Labour Only documentation
•Collect Information and prepare Labour Only Supplier payment requisitions.
•Collect and check accuracy of all creditor and supplier invoices.
Assistance to site QS:
•Reconciliation of Costs Vs Allowables
•P&G Reconciliation Spreadsheet
•A cost of quality data including non-conformances.
•Data detailing pending credits
•Under and overstated costs
•Collect and collate data for QS to determine material and labour requirements. Prepare a draft itemized list.
•Assist in the preparation of estimates for selecting vendors or sub-contractors and determine cost effectiveness.
1. B. Tech or BSC Degree/Diploma in Construction Management or Quantity Surveying.
2. Must have knowledge and experience in Contract Law and insurances, Quantity Surveying, Basic Financial Reporting, Construction Methods, Programming and Scheduling. Working knowledge of CCS Programming.
3. Must have excellent Oral and written communication skills.
4. Must have excellent Analytical & Planning Ability, Financial & IT Skills.
5. Must be a team player and have good interpersonal skills.
Application Deadline: 10/05/2022