Posted on :
18 Mar, 2021
18 Mar, 2021
Stefanutti Stocks Coastal is looking for an Earthworks Foreman to directly supervise and co-ordinate the activities of construction trade workers. Oversee Production, Quality, Labour, Safety & Planning.
Job Title: Foreman (Earthworks)
Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Reference #: CM05/2021
Contract Type: Contract 6 Months
. Supervise and co-ordinate the activities of construction trade workers.
· Direct and lead workers engaged in construction activities.
· Assigns work to employees using material and worker requirements data.
· Confers with staff and workers to ensure production and personnel problems are resolved.
· Suggests and initiates personnel actions such as promotions and transfers.
· Examines and inspects work progress, equipment and construction activities to verify safety and ensure
that specifications are met.
· Estimates material and worker requirements to complete job.
· Reads specifications and/or drawings to determine construction requirements.
· Analyses and plans installation and construction of equipment and structures.
· Locates, measures and marks location and placement of structures and equipment.
· Records information such as personnel, production and operational data on specified forms and reports.
· Trains workers in construction methods and operation of equipment.
· Recommends measures to improve production methods and equipment performance to increase
efficiency and safety.
· Assists workers engaged in construction activities, using hand tools and equipment.
· Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events or the environment to detect or assess
· Scheduling events, programs and activities as well as the work of others.
· Reporting – ensure that the Site Supervisor is informed of progress and activities on site.
· Ensure that the Supervisor is kept informed of progress and activities on site.
· Providing information to supervisors, peers and subordinates in terms of site activities.
5 Years relevant experience (Earthmoving Equipment & Methods)
Management of Resources & Materials
Ability to issue clear instructions and supervise construction workers.
Maintain Relationships with critical role players (Site Agent / Surveyor / Artisans / Section Leaders)
Application Deadline: 25/03/2021