Posted on :
26 Apr, 2022
26 Apr, 2022
The Civils Coastal Region is looking to employ a Quantity Surveyor. This position will assist with managing all aspects of the contractual and financial side of construction projects ensuring maximum revenue on site.
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Reference #: CS/2022-08
Contract Type: Permanent
1. Ensure the Project is measured and quantities taken off in accordance with the specifications and method of measurement for the specific project.
2. Appraise the drawings in order to ensure that the correct payment items and quantities are used in payment applications in accordance with the specifications and method of measurement for the specific project. 3. Record progress and value the work in accordance with the time frames of the particular contract ensuring the applicable quantities and rates are used.
4. Identify, record and monitor variations and changes to contract, determine the cost and impact involved in ensuring the most viable options are considered before decisions are made on site.
5. Draft Sub-Contract Agreements ensuring all risks passed on the Sub Contractor are included.
6. Prepare subcontract payment certificates
7. Produce Cost reports indicative of the financial status of the project.
8. Assist with forecasting final costs of the project
9. Liaise with clients and advise them on any commercial issues that arise, ensure all viable options are considered.
10. Assist in the preparation of contractual correspondence.
11. Provide Procurement advice and assistance during the site supplier and sub-contract tendering procedures and agreement of the contract sum.
12. Prepare cash flows indicating forecasted revenue and forecasted expenditure for the duration of the project.
13. Accurate and comprehensive maintenance of all contractual, commercial and financial documentation.
1. Minimum 5 years’ experience
2. Valid Drivers’ License
3. Strong working knowledge of civil, discipline and the capacity to understand unique project requirements.
4. Strong Analytical skills and the ability to effectively use a variety of estimating, scheduling and reporting software tools such as CCS and Buildsmart.
5. Communicate fluently in English
6. Sound knowledge of standard contract documents and specifications.
7. SACQSP Candidate/Professional registration would be advantageous.
8. Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
9. Good interpersonal and time management skills.
Application Deadline: 10/05/2022