Posted on :
29 Jul, 2013
29 Jul, 2013
Job Type: Full-time
Advertising Category: Engineering/Design & Sciences
Location of Job: Cape Town, WC 7530 ZA (Primary)
Job Title: Structural Engineer
Reports to: Manager – Building Services : Structures
To service existing and new, external and internal clients of the Building Services : Structures Sub-sector with structural engineering services.
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following tasks:
· Initiate, manage and if required, supervise, design and drafting assignment on projects requirements, on time and within budget.
· Prepares sketches, drawings, Engineering graphics using 2D & 3D Cad Software and structural design software (Prokon, MEP, etc)
· Perform discipline specific design and drafting services such as :
(a) Ensure the project scope is clear and that changes to scope comply with project change management processes;
(b) If required, participate in studies and analyses and recommend actions;
(c) Prepare and oversee the production of engineering drawings and documentation;
(d) Ensure all drawings and documents are checked in accordance with WorleyParsons checking procedures, ;and
(e) Participate in project reviews as required.
(f) Liaise with clients, vendors, engineering, consultants and other disciplines.
· Working on a variety of projects, to deliver design drawings and final construction/detail drawings, for engineering projects; provide technical support, supervision and advice to the discipline team and project teams.
· Ensure drawing packages are delivered within the project time schedule
· Participate in design review sessions;
· Prepare structural project specifications
· Ensure HSE, Quality assurance and environmental compliance
· Prepare engineering reports
· Prepare proposals and estimates of man-hour/cost budgets (CTR’S)
· Source new work/clients and maintain/build existing client base
· To win new business from clients and potential clients
· Establish and maintain relationship with key clients
· Prepare and/or assist with preparation of proposals
· Strong technical background with a minimum of 10 years structural engineering experience who is registered as a Professional Engineer
· A proven track record in design, documentation and construction management of civil engineering projects as well as multi-disciplinary projects
· Sound understanding of applicable local & international engineering standards and codes of practice
· Excellent leadership and communication skills
· Demonstrate commitment to HSE management in a project environment
· Working knowledge of industry standard business support systems i.e. design and drawing packages, ISO9001 quality management systems.
· A high level of customer focus to ensure customer satisfaction
· Quality Assurance knowledge, awareness and responsibility
· Safety awareness and responsibility
· Willingness to travel
· Being a team player
· A B Eng Civil/Structural degree
· Registered as a Professional Engineering at ECSA
· Relevant post degree qualifications
· Business development skills to obtain new business
How to Apply