StudyTrust is a national bursary and student support and development organisation that combats poverty, ignorance and exploitation by making educational opportunities available to young persons with the academic potential but without the financial means.
Job Title: Bursary Support Officer
Jib Location: Johannesburg.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Report to: Bursary Support Manager
This is a permanent position.
The purpose of the position is working as a member of a team of Bursary Support Officers and liaise with donors, financial aid offices at educational institutions and bursars.
- Maintain student files and database, ensuring data integrity
- Manage student payments and debtors
- Administer student budgets and reimbursements
- Manage student contracts with donors
- Verify student documentation (ID, income, etc)
- Liaise with study institutions regarding student accounts and results
- Handle student queries (administrative and financial) and follow-ups
- Follow up on and administer academic progress of bursars
- Arrange and book campus visits (students and institutions)
- Develop and coordinate events and activation plans
- Arrange all travel logistics for all participant’s flights, accommodation and car hire
- Distribute invitations to participants and coordinate the RSVP process
Coordinate all event requirements inclusive of sourcing venue, arranging catering and refreshments, delegates / attendees
- Relevant qualification, accounting diploma will be an added advantage
- Computer skills (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Well organised / disciplined / self-motivated / professional and mature
- Strong administrative skills
- Proven record of being able to work in a team
- Proven record of having good interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in African languages will be an added advantage
- Experience in higher education administrative or bursaries environment will be an added advantage
- Have proven administrative and IT skills, a thorough knowledge of the higher education environment (preferably gained through personal experience)
- A passion for helping young people realise their potential and interpersonal skills
Submit a CV and motivation letter, including names of three contactable references, to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Sunday, 21 April, 2019