Posted on :
10 Sep, 2013
10 Sep, 2013
The Sugar Industry Trust Fund for Education (SITFE) was launched in 1965 as a private sector initiative. In its 48-year history, SITFE has provided bursaries to over 9 700 students, financed school building projects, given assistance to tertiary institutions and has worked closely with specialist educational organisations to improve overall education standards.
Who Can Apply?
• Applicants from the sugarcane growing provinces of KwaZulu-Natal and Mpumalanga
• Applicants must be registered or have applied in the Engineering Department at Tshwane University of Technology
• Applicants must be South African citizens
• Preference will be given to students from rural communities and who consider pursuing a career in rural regions Special Note
• A maximum of six awards are granted annually
• Two awards are based purely on merit. The balance of four awards are based on merit and need.
• Participation in and contribution to tertiary and community life will be favorably considered.
How to apply
Click Here To download The Application Form
Send Applications to:
Sugar Industry Trust Fund for Education
c/o South African Sugar Association
P O Box 700
Closing Date: 31 October 2013