SuperSport is a South African group of television channels owned by Multichoice and carried on the DStv satellite platform.
It provides sports content in South Africa and abroad. It also provides sports coverage in many other African countries.
Supersport Satellite Contribution seeks to appoint suitably qualified, South African citizens to participate in a 12 months Internship programme.
The purpose of the program is to give qualifying candidates an opportunity to gain work experience as an ICR Intern.
By means of blend of classroom, e-learning and on the job training, interns will learn how to:
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing feeds via Satellite networks.
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing feeds via ATM & Fiber network.
- Check and maintain technical requirements with Host Broadcasters and outside broadcasters.
- Plan and manage traffic flow and correct audio and video defects.
- Ingest into Ardome and ISIS media servers.
- Generate reports on completion of every shift.
- Follow operational instructions as per standard operation procedure (SOP).
- Execute instructions according to the client’s requirements.
- Communicate with all relevant parties prior and during transmission
- Adhere and survive in a 24/7 shift operation environment.
KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 3-year Diploma / Degree in Electrical Engineering / Electronics
- No work experience required
- Must be a quick learner.
- Able to work 12-hour long shift, including weekends and public holidays.
- Dedicated problem solver.
- Responds well under pressure / tight deadlines.
- Customer service oriented, with the ability to command and take instructions as well.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Dynamic, energetic and self-starter.
- Self-motivated and results driven.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY