This is your opportunity to join Swiss Re Group – one of the world’s leading wholesale providers of reinsurance, insurance and other innovative forms of insurance-based risk transfer.
Our business at Swiss Re is about understanding and analysing the major risks that concern the world – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime.
We combine experience with expertise and innovative thinking to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. And we enable the risk-taking essential to enterprise and progress.
This is only possible with around 10,000 truly exceptional Swiss Re people across our group worldwide.
About the role
- We offer a fantastic opportunity for a recent graduate with an exceptional academic record in our Life & Health Africa Human Resource function based in Cape Town. This role will allow you to support a high performing HR
- MEA Team, to learn HR best practice and evolve your HR skills.
- Specific responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Managing general administration in the HR MEA function
- Support in managing ContactOne Ticketing
- Support monthly payroll input
- Support compilation of skills gap analysis and documentation for WSP, WTR and EE
- Assist with co-ordination of Induction programme
- Update the HR employee handbook on the policy management tool
- Co-ordination and support for the Graduate Assessment Centre
- Administration of invoice processing
- Support on benefits contract renewal
- Support on wellness initiatives co-ordination
- Assist in scheduling and co-ordination of training
- Administration of visa letters for clients
- Support on career fair events and collating marketing material
About the team
- You will work closely with the HR MEA local team and the HR Shared Services center based in Bratislava.
- The HR Intern supports the whole team in ensuring all HR processes and projects are coordinated accordingly.
- Minimum, Bachelor’s degree in HR, Industrial Psychology
- No more than 1-2 years’ work experience
- Strong administration skills
- Problem solving ability
- Great attention to detail and analytical acumen
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Accountable individual
- Strong customer focus with excellent interpersonal and communication skill
- Preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates