Symphonia for South Africa is a non-profit organisation working to mobilise active citizenship around education. This is an opportunity to make a real difference to education in South Africa by contributing to the operational activities of the Partners for Possibility programme in Western- and Eastern Cape.
Job Title: Business Developer / Recruiter
Location: Western- and Eastern Cape
Start date: Immediately
Reports to: Regional Manager Western Cape
Remuneration: R 12,000 per month cost to company
Employment type: This is a full time role
- Strong communication skills – ability to write well, speak and present to groups of people.
- Clear reasoning and organisational skills.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Ability to work with executives in business, government and civil society.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural setting.
- Ability to work in a virtual environment, understanding how important it is to give feedback to your colleagues in other parts of the country when you don’t see them regularly.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, complexity and working in situations where there are no clear-cut answers.
- Good project management skills and an attention to detail.
- Ability to lead through influence, as opposed to direct line management.
- Proficiency in more than one South African language would be an advantage.
- Experience in Marketing and Sales is a requirement.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours and attend Symphonia events as and when required;
- Must have own reliable transport and a valid driver’s licence.
- An energetic and passionate South African with a strong network in your area of responsibility;
- A networker who feels comfortable in groups and would be happy to attend and present at networking events to engage people in our work;
- Someone with excellent interpersonal skills;
- A leader who cares deeply about South Africa and wants to make a contribution with regard to one of South Africa’s toughest challenges (education);
- Someone willing to be on a steep development curve and work with a sense of urgency to achieve our collective dream: Quality education for all OUR children;
- Someone whose immediate response to a challenge is to say “Yes, let’s find a way” rather than to find 10 reasons why something can’t be done;
- A leader with a spirit of abundance and generosity;
- Someone willing to figure stuff out, given that we are doing something that has never been done anywhere else in the world (and there are no manuals and ‘best practice’ to fall back on).
- The role will include but is not confined to:
- Recruitment of PfPs:
- Support the Regional manager who leads the PfP recruitment- and enrollment process as well as the Leadership team nationally;
- Meet with potential sponsors and participants as required;
- Maintain an up-to-date data base of all PfP conversations with Business Leaders;
- Be a PfP ambassador who represents the organisation at events and functions;
- Provide support and information to regional teams to achieve the expansion targets of the organisation;
- Provide regular updates to the Leadership team on all PfP recruitment activities.
- Build and Maintain Stakeholder Relationships:
- Maintain relationships with key people and current partners. Liaise with them concerning the onward process of Partners for Possibility (PfP);
- Partner with the Regional manager and support the building and maintaining of key Stakeholder Relationships;
- Identify Key Stakeholders and formulate a strategy to maintain these relationships (including current PfPs and Principals) ;
- Meet and network with strategic partners.
- Contribute to the fundraising efforts, i.e. Networking, proposal writing and feedback to funders;
- Identify potential funders and other fundraising opportunities;
- Ensure that the stakeholder engagement strategy supports the overall fundraising strategy.
- Support the process to compile and maintain a comprehensive database of stories of successes at schools and in communities;
- Support the process to continuously refine the Value Proposition of the organization and articulate to CSI managers the successes of sustainable CSI initiatives;
- Support the update of all marketing material and ensure that it speaks clearly to potential CSI investors.
Please email your CV to Selwyn Page – [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday, 4 October, 2019