takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Software Engineer Graduates to join our team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
Graduate Software Developer Training Programme:
Closing date 15th August 2018
The graduate training program at takealot.com will prepare you for software development in takealot.com’s large-scale and fast-paced environment.
The Graduate program helps you build both technical and soft-skills to launch your career, learning from the best in the business. Although a permanent employee from day 1, the program consists of various technical and soft skill courses where you will be receive training on a variety of areas such as Python development, MySQL, QA as well as several in-house built frameworks.
You will be given the opportunity to shadow all business units and have exposure to different teams and methodology. You will receive lectures, and work on projects and throughout the program receive support and guidance to help you build your career.
- BSc Computer Science, BEng, Mathematics or Bus Sci
- Less than 24 months full-time work experience
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Programming experience in Python, Ruby, Java, C#, C++, C, or another widely used language
- Strong understanding of data structures/algorithms
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming
- Linux knowledge
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours)
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
- If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities, to apply.