TB and HIV Investigative Network (THINK) is a nonprofit organisation that engages with the local community, government consortia, international researchers and the pharmaceutical industry to develop vaccines, new diagnostic tools and treatment regimens to improve the health of those affected with TB, HIV and other ailments. THINK conducts internationally acclaimed clinical research focusing on TB and HIV to improve the quality of life of the people in South Africa and around the world.
Job Title: Financial Assistant
Job Location: Pietermaritzburg
Reports to: Finance Manager and Site Manager
- Ensure all PO’s are raised for all monthly project creditors and allocated to the correct GL code
- Ensure all project invoices are scanned to cloud server and they get posted before the monthly cut-off
- Ensure all weekly payments are approved and processed in Pastel and all month end payments are reconciled and paid to suppliers by due date
- Ensure all supplier form requests are filled in correctly along with supporting documentation
- Ensure all payment form requests are completed along with the correct supporting documentation attached
- Update the cash flow spreadsheet on a weekly basis
- Set up the Project Operational Reports templates by 3rd of each month
- Monthly internal reporting up to Trial Balance by 3rd of each month
- Complete the funder month/quarterly reports by the 5th of each month
- Assist with reconciliation and resolving items on Balance Sheet Recons
- Process all project expenses on a weekly basis and prepare them for payment every Friday
- Control, disbursement and reconciliation of petty cash for the site
- Make sure they are signed/approved and have the correct documentation attached and add up
- Raise PO’s for all claims received and ensure they are approved by Site Manager
- Ensure all expenses are paid by Resources by the end of each week and resolve any issues that may occur
- Travel to Head Office (Kloof / Durban North) every Friday
- Ensure creditors’ age analyses have nothing past 30 days without a valid reason and action plan
- Resolve any queries or reconciliations as requested by FM within 2 days or whenever specified
- Assist with debit card recons
- Assist with recon of intercompany balances/mismatches
- Ad Hoc spreadsheets to be completed as required
- Prepare invoices to the funder
- Completed Grade 12 / matric
- Completed National Higher Diploma qualification in Financial Accounting or similar
- Minimum of three years’ experience in bookkeeping and accounting
- Experience in preparing reconciliation’s, and resolving queries
- Pastel Experience
- Have knowledge of Excel (tables and formulae)
- Must have a valid driver licence and a car
To apply, submit your applications online at www.thinksa.org.za/contact/jobs/
Employees are selected based on shared personal and organisational goals and values.
THINK reserves the right to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order facilitate further searches.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, consider your application unsuccessful.
Your profile will be kept on our database for any other suitable roles/positions.
Queries can be directed to Trevor Mvundura [email protected]
Application Deadline: 12th October, 2018