An exciting opportunity exists for a seasoned Talent Acquisition Manager with experience in implementing and managing a talent strategy for a nationally distributed team in a large organisation (>2000 employees) in the context of a rapidly scaling organisation. TB HIV Care (THC), in existence since 1929, is an internationally recognised non-profit organisation.
TB HIV Care provides health care services throughout South Africa to both the general population and communities at increased risk for HIV and TB, including adolescent girls and young women, inmates in correctional centres, sex workers and people who use drugs. TB HIV Care provides a stimulating work environment and the opportunity to work with leaders in the field of HIV and TB prevention and care.
Our work culture is adapted to the constantly evolving South African health care environment and will suit solution-driven team players interested in opportunities for career development while working to connect people with care.
Job Title: Talent Acquisition Manager
Location: Western Cape, Cape Metro, Cape Town (Head Office)
Period: Fixed-term contract in line with funding
Salary: Market related
Reporting to the HR Executive, the Talent Acquisition Manager will manage a national recruitment team and will be responsible for hands-on management of the sourcing, recruiting, hiring and onboarding of talented candidates in diverse roles, from generalists and head office roles to specialists in scarce-skills fields, in both urban and rural areas nationally.
Key Performance Areas:
- Talent Acquisition Strategy
- Develop a sustainable talent acquisition strategy in line with the broader organisational and HR strategy that will attract and acquire high quality candidates.
- Collaborate with the HR team to identify and build talent within the organisation and coordinate succession and career path planning.
- Reduce the time and cost to hire without sacrificing the quality of the selection practices employed.
- Advocate for the organisation’s diversity initiatives.
- Engage continually with key business and HR leadership to ensure that the talent acquisition service is relevant and adding maximum value.
- Management of the Talent Acquisition Team
- Manage a national recruitment team based at Head Office in Cape Town and other satellite offices nationally and ensure effective delegation of tasks to ensure optimum team productivity.
- Ensure that recruitment targets are met across the various programmes including tracking and status reporting.
- Provide support and development opportunities for the team.
- Manage relationships with recruitment agencies, assessing their performance, the cost per hire, time to hire and recommend changes and improvement
- Job Analysis and Design
- Maintain a deep understanding of organisational dynamics including new and ongoing projects as well as diverse roles and responsibilities within the organisation to produce the most efficient recruitment processes.
- Ensure that all jobs within the organisation have well designed and approved job descriptions and job specifications and that all jobs are graded through the grading system.
- Provide training and support to line managers on the development of job descriptions and specifications.
- Recruitment Management
- Design, plan and execute fair and effective recruitment and selection processes.
- Implement creative methods for sourcing of talent, particularly for sourcing of scarce skills, ensuring that the right candidate is hired with the right profile that aligns to the organisational culture and values.
- Act as a brand ambassador by assuring all applicants have a positive experience throughout the recruitment process
- Ensure the development of competency/behavioural-based interview guides in line with the jobs to be filled.
- Determine the need for other assessment tools and ensure the design and implementation of such tools.
- Provide training to managers on competency-based interviewing methods.
- Implement robust methods of vetting candidate credentials.
- Conduct recruitment process experience evaluations.
- Recruitment Administration
- Manage the placement and offer process and salary negotiations where relevant.
- Collaborate with the HR team regarding the onboarding of new employees.
- Oversee the recruitment administration process and ensure that proper records are kept, and that accurate information is provided for payroll purposes.
- Ensure that unsuccessful candidates are regretted and that a high standard of communication is maintained throughout the recruitment process.
- Talent Management
- Collaborate as part of the HR team to implement programmes to develop high-performing teams and improve employee engagement and retention, promotion, and succession planning.
- Identify gaps in employees’ skills and experience and coordinates career path planning.
- A degree/diploma in human resource management or industrial/organisational psychology
- Minimum seven years’ experience in recruitment, of which at least two must have been at a recruiting manager level within a corporate environment, managing a national team
- Experience recruiting in a healthcare and/or national NGO sector is preferential
- Ability to travel nationally
- Valid driver’s licence
- Clear criminal record
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience of current talent acquisition best practices
- Demonstrated experience in implementing structures and systems to improve efficiency
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and handle difficult situations professionally with calmness, sensitivity, diplomacy and tact
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills with the ability to manage tight deadlines, think out-of-the-box, prioritise and delegate
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Resilient and able to multi-task and cope well in a pressurised environment
- Computer skills: High level HRIS knowledge and an advanced proficiency in MS Office
To Apply: email@example.com
Application Deadline: Friday, 17 January, 2020