Tekano is inspired by the achievable dream of building a more equal South Africa in which all people enjoy better health and wellbeing. Our name derives from the Sesotho word for “equality” and speaks to our goal of social justice.
Tekano seeks to recruit an experienced Personal Assistant. The Personal Assistant is responsible to support and enhance the Chairperson including the Board of Directors’ effectiveness to perform their responsibilities which are in line with their Tekano activities, in an organised and timely fashion, consistent with the operating practices of the organization and the requirements of their roles by using a variety of high quality clerical, administrative, organizational and communication skills, including managing correspondence
Job Title: Personal Assistant
Job Location: Cape Town
Personal Assistant Services
- Acts as Personal Assistant to the Board in coordination with CE of Tekano. This includes;
- Extensive diary management with high levels of complexity and frequent changes
- Management of the TEKANO yearly planner and the associated deadlines
- Email correspondence screening and follow up on emails directed to the Chairperson.
- Maintaining of strict confidential protocols regarding correspondence and communication
- Providing assistance with preparation of material, presentations, preparation of agendas, taking minutes and co-ordination and follow up of actions required
Administration and Reporting
- Typing of documents, reports and preparation of presentations.
- Consolidate management information and reports to the board.
- Minute taking at selected TEKANO related meetings and engagements.
- Collation of Board packs and circulation prior to the meeting.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports as required.
- General administrative support to the Board.
- Appropriate processing and management of relevant incoming email, post, enquiries and requests for meetings.
Travel and Event Co-ordination
- Logistics management for meetings.
- Manages travel arrangements for the CE and the Board, including travel allowances or reimbursements.
- Coordinate with travel agents for International and local including flights, accommodation and transport.
- Coordination and liaison of client engagements and events.
- Coordination with the finance department for all financial related matters.
- PA/ Secreterial or Office Administration Qualification
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- 5-10 Years’ PA/ Secretarial experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work well without supervision.
- High ethics and ability to work with confidential matter.
To apply, submit a CV with (3) contactable references to [email protected] on or before 21 September 2018 close of business.
We encourage applicants from both individuals and companies.
No telephonic queries, please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.