Tekano (from the Sesotho word for equity) is a multi-sectoral, non-partisan, non-denominational, rights-based, non-profit organisation, which began operations in early 2017. Tekano’s purpose is to build the capacity of visionary, values-based, change-makers to advocate for health equity in South Africa.
Tekano aims to train a cohort of over 600 Atlantic Fellows to champion health equity, human rights and social justice in Southern Africa. They form part of a global network of similar initiatives in South East Asia, Australia, Ireland, the United States and United Kingdom. Tekano is currently seeking to recruit a individuals sharing two critical traits:
- Individuals who are committed to human rights, equity and social justice evidenced by sustained involvement in activities which have challenged unfair health, social, economic and political structures and arrangements
- Individuals who want to continually expand their capacity to create the results they truly desire in an environment driven by continuous collaborative learning and improvement at all levels in the organisation
The following position is now open for applications:
1. 5. Finance/Operations Administrator:
The Finance and Operations Administrator provides administrative and logistical support towards building Tekano. The Finance & Operations Administrator contributes to the success of the organisation through efficient office management and procurement responsibilities in-line with set policies under the supervision of the Finance Manager
Reception: answering of switchboard calls, manage logistics for operations meeting
- Facilities and office management – Provide efficient and effective administration support; Liaise with the outsourced IT support as and when necessary; Maintain good relationships and liaison with external service providers; Maintain petty-cash and reporting as required by the Finance Officer; Coordinate and oversee office equipment purchasing and maintenance; Coordinate and oversee office equipment purchasing and maintenance
- Logistics Support – Oversee the work of the outsourced travel agency and management the relationship; Coordinate and manage monthly travel bill reconciliations and allocation of expenditure working closely with Programme Administrator and CE’s Executive Assistant; Develop relevant travel policies and systems under Finance Manager supervision; Provide travel support to Tekano external stakeholders
- Finance Support – Provide general finance administrative support including reconciliation of travel invoices, petty cash management; Support the effective functioning of Finance by providing finance administration support; Update the fixed asset tagging, maintain asset register and update equipment for insurance.
- 3 Years’ administrative experience in a fast-paced environment.3 years’ experience in ethical procurement, fixed asset management, stakeholder management, Insurance management and doing financial reconciliations; Proficient in electronic communications and standard office software; fluent in written and spoken English, an additional South African language would be an advantage.
Location: Isivivana Centre, Khayelitsha, Cape Town
For full details on the above positions, please visit the Tekano’ website https://www.tekano.org.za/
Please submit the following:
- CV (with 3 contactable references)
- a one-page position statement on your views on health equity
per e-mail to at [email protected], with the position job title in the subject line.