Posted on :
14 Nov, 2013
Relevant 3 year BCom Accounting Degree or equivalent (NQF level 7). Preference will be given to BCom (Hons) Degree.
5 Years financial experience. Experience in Statutory Reporting, treasury environment and valuations will be an advantage.
Strong Knowledge of application of IFRS.
Strong knowledge of Management Reporting processes.
Strong knowledge of budgeting and financial performance analysis.
Sound VAT knowledge.
Knowledge of equity and project valuations.
Knowledge of financial markets.
Core Description (Duties & Responsibilities)
The incumbent will be responsible for the management and financial information requirements of the section.
– Manage finances by analysing expenses and determining operational need, providing feedback, compile budget, inform all role players and monitor budgeted expenditure/ income
– Monthly management reporting by sourcing information from SAP and/or other sources and report accordingly
– Semi-annual and annual financial reporting by sourcing appropriate information and provide information as required by the reporting section
– Valuations for Mergers and Acquisitions, investments, due diligence and financial reporting purposes by obtaining, processing and analysing relevant information and provide feedback thereof
– General ledger account analysis and reconciliations by compiling reconciliations with supporting documentation, investigating and rectifying differences
– Manage financial transactions and provided financial information by performing postings correctly, i.e. to correct GL accounts and compiling required reports
– Releasing of payments as and when required by ensuring that all payments are released timeously, authorised at appropriate level, and accurate as per source documents
– Assist internal and external stakeholders with ad hoc queries by gathering relevant information and responding professionally to queries
– Performing various ad hoc financial assignments, for example, by analysing rating agencies methodologies and informing management accordingly
– Interact with auditors regarding audit issues, controls and processes by responding to queries and improving control environment, where necessary
– Manage hedge accounting transactions, documentation and effectiveness testing
– Subsidiaries management and financial reporting
Competencies (Knowledge/Skills/Attitudes) Knowledge:
SAP R3; Advanced Excel skills; Financial Management; Financial analysis; Financial Reporting; Management Reporting; Problem Solving; Valuation techniques; IFRS and financial controls.
Skills: Analytic; Numeracy skills; Attention to detail; Conflict Management; Change Management; Problem Solving; Time Management.
Attitudes: Decisive; People Orientated; Initiative; Proactive; Team Player; Reliable; Accountable; Deadline driven.
Remuneration Benefits: Market Related
|Business Unit||Corporate Centre Telkom Group|
|Division/Section||Treasury and Corporate Finance|
|Number of Positions||1|
|Job Type Classification||Permanent|
|Location – Town / City||Pretoria|
Closing date: 26th November, 2013