Tereo is a faith-based school, based in the Helderberg Basin. The Language of learning is Afrikaans. The school is meeting the needs of primary school level children who are at risk due to social and economic reasons.
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: South Africa
Employment type: 6 month fixed term, with likely transition to permanent thereafter Level of Effort: Full-time (40 hours/week)
The purpose of the position is to be responsible for the daily running of the school, including the management, planning and implementation of all aspects of the Tereo project, working closely with the Board, Management Team and school staff.
- Provide project management capacity to the Tereo project
- Construct, implement and monitor the development plan for the Tereo project
- Develop and manage the project plan and budget
- Coordinate and drive the project’s organizational structure
- Monitor and update project budgets
- Manage relationships with external stakeholders
- Ensure quality of all project deliverables by actively monitoring and enforcing quality assurance procedures
- Prepare reports
- Serve as the main point of contact for all project-related communications with internal and external stakeholders
- Provide on-board training to project team staff and contractors, as needed
- Any other reasonable request by Tereo Project Management
- Attend Tereo Board Meetings
- Serve on Tereo Management Team
- Tereo Leadership Team and educator leadership
- Spiritual Leadership – Tereo is a faith-based organization.
- Organize AGM
- Compliance and administration
- Registrations regarding the Tereo Project
- All confidential records to be kept in lock up cabinet
- Negotiations with Department of Education
- Attending meetings when required by the Department of Education
- See that enrolment is done according to policy
- All Educator and learner Surveys needed during the annual education process
- Manage and maintain project filing systems
- Equipment and stock/supplies control and purchasing
- Help with creating and updating of Policies by Board
- Healthy and safety policy implementation
- Human resource management
- Full recruitment process for new staff, appointments and volunteers (advertise, shortlist, interview, onboard, contract)
- Tend to the well-being of all staff
- Manage and oversee all staff matters
- Management implement a staff performance process (Staff Appraisal Modular)
- Develop and oversee staff professional development training
- Hold and chair staff meetings
- Student wellbeing
- Tend to the well-being of all learners
- General discipline and welfare of staff and children (following of procedures)
- Disciplinary head of school
- Financial and Sponsor management
- Payment of monthly accounts and invoices
- Annual financial auditing (prepare and follow-up, with the support of the Treasurer)
- Administrator bank accounts
- Petty cash
- Subsidy of School/Applications etc.
- Recruit sponsorships and donors, including ongoing meetings and stakeholder engagement
- Facilities management
- Responsible for maintenance of all school facilities
- Responsible for organizing enough classrooms and facilities
- 24hr security contact (Armed response company)
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Education or a related field required; Master’s degree a plus but not required.
- Minimum of five years of related Project Management experience in the development sector
- Solid life-cycle project management skills: strategic planning, partner coordination and implementation, budget tracking and reporting, proposal and budget development, staff oversight, etc.
- Strong financial and administrative skills, experience and training
- Experience with working on and managing donor grants and develop fundraising
- Working knowledge of the South African public education sector including laws, legislation and regulations regarding the administration of schools
- Personal Attributes:
- FULLY BILINGUAL IN AFRIKAANS AND ENGLISH.
- Tereo is a School currently operating in Afrikaans as Language of Learning
- A person with values and beliefs aligned to those of the Tereo project
- Self-driven and detail oriented
- A self-motivated individual who will strive to meet the goals of the project
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work and troubleshoot in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- Adaptability and ability to re-prioritize according to a changing context
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with all types of stakeholders and personalities
- Strong computer skills, including the ability to operate educational/project management software programs
Candidates interested in this position must submit a 2 page CV and a letter of motivation (no more than 300 words) detailing what you will bring to Tereo in terms of skills and experience relative to Tereo’s mission, values and needs, and your salaries expectations.
Applications that do not meet these criteria will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications to be emailed to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday, 6 September, 2019